UNABLE TO PARSE OPEN SRC or CORRESPONDING DAT FILE

• Hi! I have some problem with a spine block. As soon as I try to edit it (trought the inline form) an error pops up with the message " Unable to parse open SRC or corresponding DTA file. Bla, Bla, Bla..."

I really do not know where te error is. I compare the spline block with others but didn't find any difference... into the syntax

Here the spline block:

• Hi! I didn't figure it out how to solve this problem but besically something is went wrong when I've inserted the spline block. Usually I use INSERT,SPLINE BLOCK then I open the folder and inserti the point one by one. A friend suggested to me to make some room before insert the points. The problem is that I can't edit the spline already inserted but I can not insert new spline...

The only way is to make a spline into a new program then copy the spline block and it's .DAT parameters and point back into the old .SRC and .DAT file.

Somewhere .SRC or .DAT is corrupted... but it is impossible to discover where...

• are you sure that your program structure is not corrupt? it can happen that you deleted ENDFOLD or duplicate it. KSS does not like that and will protest when someone tries to edit anything using inline forms

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Unfortunately it is not a ;fold issue. The inLine structure... where is? Is there a model to compare to? Tomorrow I'll try to compare a new and working one spline to mine. It could be that the program is too long? I mean what about if it exeed a certain lenght... like 3000 rows...

• maybe it was created on a different KSS....

every KSS version has ILF instructions. in general they are similar although from time to time they change. to see format of particular KSS you use, create new program and insert one or more instructions, then evaluate content in a text editor or in KCP (requires open fold and detailed ASCII view)/

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I've started rolling back the .src file deleting all the subroutines and leaving only one of them. Now the spline block is editable but once confirmed I get this messge (Picture 1).

I've created e new program and inserted a block spline and few points. Everything is just fine. So the problem is my old.scr or .dat this is corrupted somewhere.

I've reloaded the old file and discover that there are 4 copile errors... no way to understand what they are (Picture 2).

I've tryed to edit a block spline into my old file ad a more complete description of the problem pops up. It indicates errors referring to some lines. Does anyone know if this can tell something? I'm referring to those numbers 61:16, 61:22, 61:27 and 61;56 (Picture 3)

• Have you tried going to those lines? The Error list will provide you a Display button that will jump you to the line where the error is (and the column, but that can be deceptive since it ignores leading whitespace).

The one "line too long" error is pretty obvious -- somehow you have a single line exceeding 2047 characters. I would recommend opening the files in a plain text editor (NotePad++ is excellent for this) and look at that line "raw". It may help to use the option to view end-of-line characters. I suspect that there is a block of lines that are missing the correct CRLF (Carriage Return and Line Feed, also seen as "\r\n" in some use cases) combination.

As for the "missing DECL" and "unexpected ==" messages, you'll have to examine those lines directly, but again, I'm guessing that some of the ASCII control codes are missing, or misplaced/corrupted. This probably won't show well on the pendant (you can use the "raw" view option, but on the pendant that gets cumbersome -- again, NotePad++ will be the superior viewing environment).

• well, all i can say is to read pinned topic READ FIRST. it is meant to teach inexperienced members how to ask questions.

if you are not going to post the files, read the error messages or show where the editor takes you, you are on your own.

i am not interested in spending time decoding puzzles from images that only show tiny fragments or unrelated info.

good luck

3) read 1 and 2

• Hi! The image was just to say that I open two different .src from the same controller and viewed in raw format one of them shows "CRLF" and the other no. Anyway this is not important.

I found one of the error at the beginning of .DAT file the line:

DECL MODULEPARAM_T LAST_TP_PARAMS={PARAMS[] "Kuka.VelocityFieldEnabled=True; Kuka.ColDetectFieldEnabled=True; Kuka.MovementParameterFieldEnabled=True;

It has this caracters "} in colums 3245

panic mode I'm so grateful for your thime sorry if I did something wrong...

Advertising from our partners