Using MoveL(or P)-Direction until tool contact: Deburring

• I am using polyscope v5.4.0 I am trying to deburr plastic parts using a silica-carbide impregnated nylon bristle brush (think wire wheel but nylon).

I am trying to move the part into the wheel, save TCP pos, retract, & move back in to do the deburring, basically so as the wheel wears the diameter of the brush will not matter.

I am having problems with the tool contact, the robot tries to push through the wheel without finding the edge.

I have verified that I have the correct TCP, payload, and CoM, and even got data from the gripper mfg to account for the fingertips. I have my tool deceleration set to 3000mm/s^2, tool speed at 50mm/s, and acceleration at 1200mm/s^2. I have also tried tool speeds of 25 and 100, with the same result.

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions, or has done this before. It seems pretty simple so I am not sure why I cant get it to work.

I have Robotiq's Force Copilot, that I could use, but do not have a F/T Sensor. I would think that this is something that I could do all in polyscope with the new update.

• Stop ahead of the part, get the force, calculate a max, create a loop that works while force < max, continuous check, send ther obot forward in that loop.

VAR_FORCE = Force()

VAR_MAX_FORCE = VAR_FORCE * 1.5

LOOP (FORCE () <= VAR_MAX_FORCE)

MoveL

WP_END_OF_MOVE
    WP_EDGE_POS = Get_Actual_TCP_Pose ()

Something of the kind, I think,

• What I ended up doing is nesting relative and/or direction based moves inside of a Frame type Force nodes, and then wait for force() to approach the set value, in the force node, before starting . I think I was just overthinking at first. (KISS:fine:)

Advertising from our partners