Advertising

KRC2 PILZ SAFETYBUS

• Just was given some robots to build a cell with

I see the safety board is Different and X11 connector is not present.

The line was controlled with AB control Logix and Pils PSS Safety controllers

I Am wondering if using pilz is the only way to control the safety portion of these robot?

Has anyone seen if there is a gateway to CIP safety?

• Helpful

that CIP safety screenshot is from WoirkVisual which is used to ocnfigure KRC4. But Wes is using KRC2 controller... To my knowledge there is no CIP safety interface for it.

Your only option is to use that safety or maybe convert controller to normal one using X11 which is probably not worth it.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• that CIP safety screenshot is from WoirkVisual which is used to ocnfigure KRC4. But Wes is using KRC2 controller... To my knowledge there is no CIP safety interface for it.

Your only option is to use that safety or maybe convert controller to normal one using X11 which is probably not worth it.

That is what i was thingking

Ya changing 4 safety boards and x11 will get a bit expensive.

Looks like i need to figure out the pilz safety controller

Thanks

Wes

• after reading the headline again:uglyhammer2:

the KRC 2 has a CI BUS BOARD what is made by pilz it should be in the controller docu KRC 2 under ESC saftey logic hope that helps , as i did that i dont know how many years ago. was diggin through my old stuff what version off KRC2 is it the 2005 edition ??

look for

KRC 2 ESC Safety System with SafetyBUS Gateway or

KR C2 edition2005

SafetyBUS Gateway 2, SafetyBUS Gateway A

ESC Safety System with Gateway

Edited once, last by Rasputi: ADD ().