Turn on DO if any IOis simulated

• Under MENU>SYSTEM>CONFIG there is an option to turn on a DO if either an Input or Output is simulated. Looks simple enough to configure but I have not done it on ours yet. I do believe you need to cycle power after you set the DO you want on the config screen. This reminds me though, I wanted to do this on our robots at one time and forgot until I saw this post. I think I know what i'm doing tomorrow!

"I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio."

• As long as they don't sim the output that tells you that bits are simulated. :winking_face:

Another option is to setup the robot to force all sim bits off upon cycle start.

MENU->SETUP->PROG SELECT-> Simulated I/O ->Detail, Check when run and resume, Force condition.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• As long as they don't sim the output that tells you that bits are simulated. :winking_face:

Another option is to setup the robot to force all sim bits off upon cycle start.

MENU->SETUP->PROG SELECT-> Simulated I/O ->Detail, Check when run and resume, Force condition.

I plan on using a very high numbered DO for mine just to ensure they don't do this haha.

"I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio."

Advertising from our partners