Reconfigure KR C4 for new robot

• I am brand new to the Kuka system. Please excuse my ignorance...

I have an existing KR C4 that was setup to run a KR 210 R2700 extra. I need to set this up to run a KR 16 L6-2.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Manuals, Tutorials, anything?

I realize I'm new to this system, but it seems exceedingly difficult to find setup information.

Thanks for your help!!

• Make backup before doing ANYTHING. make every backup you can think of (normally three levels of backup are: HDD image, Archive, WoV project)

Make sure your WoV is installed and configured correctly. By configured i mean:

1. Integrate KOP files from YOUR controller

2. integrate any Device Description files your project uses (I/O or whatever)

Next make sure you are able to connect either via KLI or KSI and get working project from the robot. Save it on your computer.

Then save it again using another file name (so when we deploy it later on, we do not overwrite current working project).

If you have not done this before, it is a good idea to do one or two practice runs - deploy this project with new name and activate it on controller. See if everything is normal.

If that works without issue, it is time to modify project:

In VoW project click on robot controller under Hardware in Project Structure and check properties. Key to watch for is Supply Voltage. This is important because new robot will need to be from catalog with THAT supply voltage.

Make sure that catalog with THAT voltage is associated with your project (File>Catloghandling...)

Delete old robot from project, using Hardware tab of the project structure. Robot icon is just above Bus structure.

Then add robot you plan on using from catalog with correct supply voltage.

Power down - make sure to login as Expert or higher, use clod start

Disconnect robot1,

Connect robot2,

Power up...

You will get tons of messages including that hat's ok, don't panic...

Login as Safety Maintenance and deploy prepared project and activate it...

There will likely be prompt asking what changed, say that robot was changed (so network and safety config from HDD will be transferred to robots RDC).

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Unfortunately, this appears to be beyond my knowledge level at this time.

Oh well, guess I'll work on my Fanuc project until my frustration settles.

Thanks again.

• Thanks again Panic Mode. I was able to push through and get the modified project loaded. All went well! I've mastered the robot and calibrated my tcp.

I just have one issue...

My system is setup to use a safety plc. Is there anyway to bypass this similar to jumpering out the X11 connector? This system doesn't have an X11 connector, only plc.

I understand the safety issues. This system is only being used for R&D and training.

Thanks again!

• The only thing you can do is login as Expert and use Start-Up mode. This means T1 only....

Otherwise you would need to get safety PLC or modify robot controller (add SION-SIB and change safety interface to parallel).

Safety PLCs don't cost an arm and leg any more.... At least some of them.

What safety interface you have there? FSoE, ProfiSafe or CIP Safety?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• We're setup for CIP Safety. I have a bunch of Allen Bradley RSlogix 5000 safety plc's available. Will these work? How difficult are these to set up to satisfy the KUKA?

Thanks again for your help!

Edited once, last by dorje777 ().

Advertising from our partners