BUSY_LAMP_OFF - ABORT_REQUEST - PAUSE_REQUEST

• Hi,

I have seen these three lines on top of every .ls programs. What are them about?

For example, if I set IGNORE PAUSE to ON to a program from the TP and then open it using a text editor I see that PAUSE_REQUEST is 7; are there other values?

Thanks

• You only want to change those settings in very special circumstances. Otherwise they will cause unexpected behavior of a program. They allow a program to ignore pause and abort signals. The busy lamp will cause the busy signal on the top left of the pendant to not turn on while the program is running.

I have never had a reason to change those settings, but have see issues caused by people messing with them, such as a program that can never abort.

I would be curious if anyone else has a situation where it made sense to use any of these settings.

• Early in my career I used them on line tracking background programs that absolutely had to run to watch for changes in the line (watch for new parts, add parts to the que, etc.). Since then though, now that then newer controllers allow IF THEN ENDIF in background logic, I've migrated all that logic to background programs.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

Advertising from our partners