Krc2 IO Configuration

• Hello I have a lot of problem that waiting for solving and I am confused.

I specialized in ABB but I want to learn new robot,too. I think that will be Kuka. Now im woking to commision krc2.

1-Are there any option that see all IO list device by device like abb in KRC2?

2-For example, I need to communicate with a lot devices (Interbus for timer, deviceNet for IO module, profinet for Siemens PLC). How can I edit iosis file and what I need to do in order to address all IO. That's little confused me. Because in ABB, all IO device's have different address that occupy in controller. For example, I can assign 1 address in deviceNet and also I can assign 1 address in profinet. How this is working in KRC2.

3-How can I understand which krc2 software version has been installed in controller?

4-In the motion instruction, there is approximation distance. In ABB, there is fine zone that makes possible to robot reach desired position after it read next instruction program pointer. How can I do this in KRC2?

5-Is that possible to see IO list in orangeEdit?

thanks for your help. :smiling_face:

• 1. No. The KRCs have a large, "flat" I/O table, pre-existing. You map certain ranges of that table to particular devices and busses. But the display of the I/O is not "aware" of any of the I/O config.

2. The file IOSYS.INI is the close equivalent of ABB's EIO.CFG file. However, there are differences. IOSYS.INI has a large section of comments that explain much of how it works. Briefly, IOSYS controls which I/O device drivers are activated, and which ranges of the main I/O table are connected to which bytes of the remote devices. Allocations are byte-by-byte, no single-bit allocations like ABB.

"Below" IOSYS, are the individual device drivers. For example, if the robot is acting as a DeviceNet Master, there will be a Devicenet config file that defines the MAC IDs of all the DeviceNet devices. This file sits "between" IOSYS and the low-level hardware driver.

Also, in IOSYS, signals cannot be given names. That is handled at the program level, unlike ABB.

3. Make backup (Archive). Check contents of AM.INI file in backup zip file

4. KRL motion instructions are slightly different from RAPID. Motion command ends with an optional switch (C_PTP for PTP motions, C_DIS for LIN motions, a few other options). If the switch is absent, the motion is a "fine" equivalent. If the switch is present, the system variable $APO defines the active approximation distance.

5. No, AFAIK OE only handles KRL, nothing at the system-config level.

• Thanks a lot.

At the third section, If I understood, I need to allocate like:

[DEVNET]

INB25=3,0,X1 ;$IN[1-8]

;INB1=5,4,X2 ;$IN[9-16]

OUTB25=3,0,X1 ;$OUT[1-8]

;OUTB1=5,2,X2 ;$OUT[9-16]

[PNET]

INB40=1, 7,xx16

OUT40=1,6,xx16

I can't use INB25 in the PNet Section if I understand?

By the way, I cant see the instruction list in orangeEdit which u can find picture in the attachment. How can I fix this?

• The INB and OUTB addresses are absolute, not relative. So you have to avoid overlaps. And that includes your multiples -- you appear to be trying to use a 16x multiplier in your PNET section, so INB 40-56 are "off limits" to any other section of IOSYS.

INB25 is not $IN[1] - $IN[8], it's $IN[201] - $IN[208]

That's an OrangeEdit issue, I really can't speak to it.

• The INB and OUTB addresses are absolute, not relative. So you have to avoid overlaps. And that includes your multiples -- you appear to be trying to use a 16x multiplier in your PNET section, so INB 40-56 are "off limits" to any other section of IOSYS.

INB25 is not $IN[1] - $IN[8], it's $IN[201] - $IN[208]

That's an OrangeEdit issue, I really can't speak to it.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

About the orangeEdit, I found solution. That all about windows regional and language selection. These must be deutsch region or etc. :smiling_face:

Advertising from our partners