Please Help!

• My name is Chad and I am a student working with a FANUC LR Mate 200iC with a R30iA MATE Controller. Unfortunately, we got this robot without anyone knowing how to use it. I was wondering if any of yall had maybe notes or power points from professors you can share so I can learn what I am doing. I've been reading online and I am slowly starting to learn but right now I am stuck with a SRVO-062 BZAL alarm error. The battery is fine and there is no loose wires. The error is also preventing us from being able to move it. If you have any tips or know of any good resources I'd love to hear them. Thank you!

• I highly recommend having the teacher/professor reach out to FANUC Training if they are unsure of how to operate or maintain the robot; FANUC offers a series called CERT specifically for educators and it might be worth the teacher looking into. If they need just the basics, a HandlingTool Operations and Programming course would be their best bet; they are offered at pretty much every FANUC location in the U.S. and are a 4-day crash course in how to setup, program, and maintain a FANUC robot.

https://www.fanucamerica.com/CERT

Keep in mind that these robots, even the small LRMates, can be dangerous if the operator is inexperienced or lacks the required training; while it's easy to dismiss them as the smaller cousins of 'real' robots, they are NOT Collaborative and can be dangerous! Please make sure either you or your professor/educator get the required training before operating the robot, and make sure the proper safety requirements are in place!

• Before resetting the PCA alarm in the Master / Cal screen, some controllers require you to enable that option in the variables section. I can;t remember the variable name, but if you search your alarm on google or this forum, you will find.

Then after enabling that screen, you can reset the PCA alarm, then cycle power as mentioned by Stare.

Most likely, you will see another alarm about axis not being calibrated, so you will have to calibrate the right axis. You may have to jog the respective axis all the way around to establish a pulse if you are getting pulse encoder error as well.

• Before resetting the PCA alarm in the Master / Cal screen, some controllers require you to enable that option in the variables section. I can;t remember the variable name, but if you search your alarm on google or this forum, you will find.

Then after enabling that screen, you can reset the PCA alarm, then cycle power as mentioned by Stare.

Most likely, you will see another alarm about axis not being calibrated, so you will have to calibrate the right axis. You may have to jog the respective axis all the way around to establish a pulse if you are getting pulse encoder error as well.

MENU>SYSTEM>VARIABLES> $MASTER_ENB

If it's "0" then set it to "1" and hit enter. Sometimes when I do this I have to cycle power in order for the master cal option to be available.

RobotChad you can PM me if you like and I can help you with this.

"I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio."

Advertising from our partners