Software Request to KUKA - the robot forum bugs and wish list

• AD
  • Yes exactly realtime capable interpreters are rare and that is why usually robot manufacturers have to write them themselves. The difficulty in providing a language like KRL or Rapid is not the language itself but keeping everything deterministic and realtime. A simple problem in this context is for example dynamic memory allocation. Anyone used to programming in non realtime environments is surprised to find out about memory limitations of KRL. But dynamic memory allocation is a non deterministic operation. Hence in a realtime system most of the memory is allocated at boot time. Also this makes object oriented programming difficult.

Determinism also is one of the difficulties of the iiwa sunrise controllers where java runs only in the non-realtime. This is for example a reason why triggers or interrupts are slow in Sunrise and not deterministic as on a KRC with KRL.

• how about some thing really simple - why not display in plain language how soon each type of maintenance will be needed?

intervals are mentioned in the log but they are not displayed in "maintenance handbook".

even if they were, it is unclear what to expect if no inspection entry is logged yet or when did the interval start.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I agree with everything in the thread - I think it's a brilliant idea. As a matter of interest, has KUKA been formally asked to comment on these suggestions so far?

I remember on the RCM that had editions of KRL after KUKA took over SIRL from Siemens, there was a COMMAND mode, where a movement could be executed before being input. It was of great benefit to augment jogging in a particular direction. One could type in PTP {X 30, A 90} for example, then press Ausführen and that's where it would go with the active $TOOL and $BASE, without having to input it in the program. It's a shame we can't have that back.

One could type in PTP {X 30, A 90} for example, then press Ausführen and that's where it would go with the active $TOOL and $BASE, without having to input it in the program. It's a shame we can't have that back.

I am pretty sure this was at least possible some time ago with older releases using the Display > Variable > Single Window. You can enter fairly complex instructions here. Just have to remember in older releases you had to start the complex command with a = at the beginning if not simply trying to evaluate a system variable. For example entering = 3 * 5 would result in 15. Up to date controllers do not need the = anymore.

Having no access to any controllers anymore I can not try motion commands myself and check if it is still possible.

• And just to add it to the list.

While using Work visual 6 on the KSS 8.6.6 does not give the Profinet IO option for 64 safe io and xxx non safe io.

Just says Profinet io xxx.

Had to go through the pain to refer to the manual for a simple task to not include the 64 bits anymore and just use the non safe bits for Profisafe robots.

• KSS03104 is an example of message that is not detailed enough.

It does not tell which workspace is tripped and no follow-up message to shed some light...

I recall seeing some others too, like program selection notification without name of selected program.

Same things goes for Program selected.... why not include name of the program that was selected?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• 70. WoV Bug:

Using WorkVisual V6.0.16_Build0705

Using code completion (I have Smart filtering off) causes the program to crash when accidentally typing the dot before the array brackets of a structure array. Attached screenshot shows an example. PLACE_DIR is an array of FRAMEs in this case.

71. WoV Bug:

Using WorkVisual V6.0.16_Build0705

Copying a $WORKSTATE# causes a crash as well.

^ Guess this one is just me

• 72. Option to clear all instances in the Find usages and Search results zones of Work Visual

73. In the Programing and diagnosis tab of Work Visual, the option to hide or suppress the parts of the display file name & Search results / Find usages instances. The highlighted sections in the attached screenshots are what I'm talking about. It would be awesome if we could tie these parts to a check box in the options menu so you can tailor what you see to what you need at any given time. Checkboxes for the following would be excellent:

LocationColorDescription
    BothRedRobot file path
    File name tabGreenController name
    File name tabBlueComputer name
    Search/FindPurpleExtended (local PC) file path