Bouncy Robot Motion When Jogging

• Hello,

We have a LR Mate 200iD 7L and have noticed an issue with our robot motion. To reproduce the issue, we simply jog the robot in Y direction slowly, and the more stretched out it gets, the more we observe the TCP bouncing. This looks like driving over a bumpy road. It is worse when J3 is closer to 90. However, weirdly, coming back in the opposite direction, we do not see the bouncing nearly as badly, it is almost unnoticeable when retracting. Payload = 0 kg. Sorry, I am unable to attach a video because the file is too big.

Has anyone else seen this and any ideas on how to improve the motion?

Thanks so much!

• Check the grease for metal flakes. It almost sounds like the reducer is starting to fail. We had one lock up on us on J2 and it would allow us to smoothly jog in one direction but collision detect it the opposite direction.

"I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio."

• Thanks, that's a good thought. It does seem mechanical in nature. Might be a while until we can do some maintenance on it, but good to know that you've seen something similar in jogging being smooth in only one direction.

• On ours we were able to remove the servo and jog it outside of the robot and then try to move the robot physically without the servo on and that's how we determined that it was the reducer. I'm not sure how easy that would be on your model as i've never worked on one before.

"I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio."

• 按照官方的话是“机器人没有跑开“,你需要做个小程序让机器人24小时不停运转。然后观看效果,还有相同问题,你需要联系当地销售

• Jog each axis individually (joint) to find which one(s) are causing the problem. You most likely have a bad harmonic drive. These suffer from a design flaw where there is no grease outlets. You're supposed to push a couple of ml of 4Bno2 grease in and then it squirts back out of the same hole. Since the new grease can't reach the wave generator and spline teeth, it looks like this after a while.

I would grease them every year instead of every 4 yrs (15K hrs) the manual recommends.

Advertising from our partners