Anyone have experience with calling programs remotely from a PLC on a paint robot with an NDX file? (S4P+)

• I've been on and off the phone with support on this, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I've been told that on ABB paint robots you need to have an NDX file that lists all of your programs, and it also correlates each program to a number that can be received via a group input. Problem is, I have no idea where to create or how to create this NDX file, nor how to tie that file to a group input. I have an entire arsenal of manuals for the S4P+, but none of them seem to really mention an NDX file or any procedures in setting it up.

Has anyone worked with these NDX files before? This is all pretty foreign to me, as I'm used to normal S4C+ or Robotware 5/6 robots that just get a motors on and start signal, and then the main program just gets the style from the PLC and calls a program from the main.

Thank you in advance.

• the ndx file should already exist, you will find it in home/programs/segments.ndx

Thank you for the reply. I do not have this directory, let alone the file in any of my backups (It is not in the !program directory either). The only directory that has any ndx files is the index directory. In there, there is no segments.ndx, and the closest thing I can find that might be related is a programs.ndx file.

Advertising from our partners