How to work the cell.src ? BCO must be done via T1 or T2 model?

• Hi guys. I'm newbie in robotic area. Robot must be ON_PATH and IN_HOME to start via PLC. BCO is prerequisite. But how can i to do it if on AUT_EXT modle not on T1 or T2? where can i get some document to get it ? Thank you very much!

• "Hi guys. I'm newbie in robotic area."

Hi... we know..

"Robot must be ON_PATH and IN_HOME to start via PLC. BCO is prerequisite."

No... Robot will happily start running when told to do so.

"But how can i to do it if on AUT_EXT mode, and not on T1 or T2?"

What exactly is preventing you from starting it?

Move robot away from home and path and try.

" where can i get some document to get it? Thank you very much!"

All documentation is supplied with each robot system.

if you check READ FIRST you will also see where to find documentation on this forum or how to acceess Xpert portal from Kuka.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hi panic,Thanks for your answer!

If the Robot is not int ON_PATH and IN_HOME and Can it make BCO in AUT EX mode such as PTP movement? If so how to do it or which document to introduce the method?

Whether have documents to learn these files in KRC/System and KRC/TP such as masref_main.src and BrakeTestRea.dat?

I can not open the READ FIRST website (https://www.robot-forum.com/ro…a-robot-forum/read-first/). it say Page Not Found. Would you please help me to send to my email (lihaaooo@gmail.com)?

Thank you so much!

• BCO is a very nice safety feature. It lets robot move slowly to first point of programmed path. this is to give chance to user to say "ooops" and make corrections if that motion is on a collision course. even if collision is not avoided - at least it happened at reduced speed so damage would be far smaller.

robot has basic operating modes T1, T2, AUT and EXT. only the last one is controlled by some higher level controller (PLC for example). First three modes requires user to select program, clear messages, enable drives and run program. Those are modes where BCO is always performed.

But in EXT mode, there is no was for PLC to recognize that robot is about to collide with something and go "oops... that was close".

therefore in EXT mode there is NO such thing as BCO. you say run and robot runs. message to perform BCO manually in T1/T2 mode is .... just a recommendation. but it does NOT prevent you from starting.... message type is notification only.

i always recommend to take training and read manuals. (note, it is an AND, not OR).

message types have different effect on the system which is why they have different icon.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• there isn't any... but it is open source and VERY readable.

your resource are key manuals and programs.

The most important manuals are probably:

1. Programming Manual for System Integrators

2. System Variables Manual

3. SafeOperation Manual

4. Configuration of Kinematic Systems

5. Cread/Cwrite

6. UserTech

and in your case you will want to check first two.

Most convenient places to see some code examples are programs included on every robot:

BAS.SRC

MsgLib.SRC

P00.SRC

KUEWEG.SRC

etc.

3) read 1 and 2

• Hi panic, Your reply is very valuable. Does the document of "UserTech" mean specific instructions like as "KST_GlueTech_40_en" and "KST_ServoGun_FC_21_en"? and also I do not know where to get "Configuration of Kinematic Systems".KUKA company did not seem to react quickly enough.

Advertising from our partners