IRB6400 m94a s4 Start Up problems

• Hi all, acquired my first couple of robots from a factory, they appear to have been sitting unused for while. On power up the pendant shows the welcome screen and diagnostic warm start up procedure but shortly after the screen goes blank with a flashing cursor to the centre left of screen and remains blank along with the stop key LED being illuminated red. you can press any key and get an audible beep but the screen remains with the flashing cursor.

Could this be a faulty pendant? i'v checked that all the boards power up and all LEDS go out

Cheers

• Resolved the issue after a cold boot, even though back up batteries were in good condition the main memory was corrupt.

I initially thought it was the pendant because I have one pendant and two m94a controllers which both displayed identical issues.

• Skooter,

Is there any way I can contact you via phone? I have been using a ABB IRB 640 robot for my concrete block production. Yesterday I was making changes and adjustments to a program. I deleted posewo" in the data for that particular program. thought my issue with program was there was an offset that was created that was giving me an issue. Once I did this I got Error message 40165& 10051 and have not been able to resolve this.

Any suggestions

thanks,

Ralph

• Werner Hampel

Changed the title of the thread from “IRB6400 m94a s4 problems” to “IRB6400 m94a s4 Start Up problems”.
  • The 40165 is caused when an instruction tries to use data that does not exist.

Look at an older backup, find data 'posewo' and then recreate.

If 'posewo' is not needed, then any references to it in the program must be removed.

Advertising from our partners