KUKA Workvisual DTM Catalog, missing device

• Hello,

After downloading the ESI from Beckhoff and importing the files ("EKxxxx-080.xml") with WoV... EK1101-0080 appear at "Import Device Description File".

But at DTM catalog EK1101-0080 does not appear.

What could be the cause?

• doubravacek

Changed the title of the thread from “missing Beckhoff unit EK1101-0080 in Workvisual DTM Catalog” to “KUKA Workvisual DTM Catalog, missing device”.
  • 1. not all devices are compatible and WorkVisual may choose to not import some of them

2. you are not mentioning WoV version. why?

3. you are not mentioning KSS version. why?

4. you are not mentioning if after import you searched for DTMs. button is on the bottom of the last screenshot.

5. some older versions of WorkVisual could not import correctly relatively recent DTMs from Beckhoff. this is why i posted older Beckhoff DTMS in download section.

why don't you share version info? read READ FIRST

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I am sorry Panic mode,

I read Read First. I have communicated with Beckhoff and Kuka about this problem. But no result. So I turned here to the forum and in a hurry I forgot to write a configuration.

I have WoV 5.0.9 (Build0838) in Windows 10 Pro. KSS 8.3.3.

I tried: WoV4, WoV5 and WoV6. I tried to update DTM manually. I tried to Install WoV4 and WoV5 on another PC. No success.

Interesting is that in ESI EKxxxx-080.xml there are two devices: EK1101-0080 and EK1122-0080. All devices are succesfully installed but only EK1122-0080 is vissible in DTM. It really looks like the device is not supported.

I tried to choose a standard ESI for module EK1101 from the DTM and the communication works. But I can't disconnect the module while KSS is running, because when I disconnect cable I get KSS00099, KSS02858, KSS13008. I would like the EK1101-0080 (Fast hot connect) to be detachable at any time.

• Your system does not support that on EtherCat. Paid options like ProfiNet, EthernetIP or legacy options allow coupling.

If you need to be able to detach and attach modules at runtime, do not use EtherCat. EtherCat implementation has some restrictions. It is primarily used as internal network for motion etc. Adding user IO is just a free/low cost extension and not all features are supported - that includes coupling. Also not all modules are supported - standard I/O generally is supported. Some analogs are also not properly supported. but many communicaito nand special function modules are not supported.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hello Panic I search for this older beckhoff DTMs in Download section but i didn't find it, is this still available?

• really?

you actually went to KUKA forum download section and you typed "Beckhoff" in the search box at the top right corner of the window and still found nothing? it is literally second result:

1. Go to download section:

2. Open search function

3. Look for Beckhoff

4. Review results:

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners