Create custom Mechanical unit?

• Hello Everyone.

I was looking around for some stuff to play with in my lab. And i found a controller with X3,Y3 drives and i have some MU300 motors.

Now it occurred to me that it should be possible to create a second mechanical unit as a second task.

I was thinking just for fun to try and make a XY table with the two external axis. And maybe play around with some motion coordination just for fun.

I can get it all working if i just treat it like external axis. But i would want to create a custom mechanical unit, so i could use MoveC commands.

Does anyone have any idea of there is any documentation on how to do this? Anyone have experience with this type of thing?

( I am between projects at work and really bored, so just trying to entertain myself :winking_face:)

• I was looking around for some stuff to play with in my lab. And i found a controller with X3,Y3 drives and i have some MU300 motors.

Now it occurred to me that it should be possible to create a second mechanical unit as a second task.

I was thinking just for fun to try and make a XY table with the two external axis. And maybe play around with some motion coordination just for fun.

I can get it all working if i just treat it like external axis. But i would want to create a custom mechanical unit, so i could use MoveC commands.

Does anyone have any idea of there is any documentation on how to do this? Anyone have experience with this type of thing?

( I am between projects at work and really bored, so just trying to entertain myself :winking_face:)

Advertising from our partners