Profibus Error

• For the last couple of days i have been getting an intermittent error:

KSS10042:

SYS-X44_PB-Slave1:Error in Profibus Slave Ring (error code:-126 - EL6731-Slave,waiting for parameter)

KSS00099:

Error on reading/writing: SYS-X44_PB-Slave1.

Is it possible my EL6731 Master Module is damaged which is causing this error?

And when i try to restore the project through workvisual I get an error message during activation:

Unknown Error on Controller <WINDOWS-HTEN24I(hostname)>:Catastrophic Failure (Exception from HRESULT:0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))

Kindly help in rectifying this error.

Edited 3 times, last by K1406 ().

• Intermittent problems can be both software or hardware related.

usual hardware problems are wiring, incorrect termination, power fluctuations etc.

usual software problem are wrong DTM, wrong parametrization, incorrectly installed or configured WoV.

WoV is not exactly "install and run" type of application.

WoV install can go wrong for number of reasons, common issues are wrong environment (OS) or installing from folder with long path or wrong user rights etc. Not all installation problems are clearly seen. read the manual.

WoV requires some configuration before use. that includes integration of correct KOPs in correct order, integration of correct DTMs.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I'm having this same issue with same messages.

I'm installing a new robot and controller into a station.

Pretty new to this but I'll try and answer.

KSS is the 8.3.37.

I'm using IBH S5 for Windows.

Robot is a small KR3 R540 with compact controller.

The profibus module is a Beckhoff EL6731 with the EL6731-10 Slave unit controlled by the EK1100 module.

In WV its saying my module is Version 10.0

Robot is a Slave, I'm seeing the Node for the Kuka when scanning the network but I think my Kuka is waiting on a reply from the PLC side. Ive checked parameters and I've compared them to the other KRC4 compact we have in the plant. Same devices and same GSE file.

Baud Rate is set at 1.5Mbits

Is there any basics to check for that I'm missing?

As far as I can see there is only one type of GSE/GSD file you can download from Beckhoff.

I've gone through my PLC side and compared it to other that are working and I'm stumped.

The error messages on the Pendant are

KSS10042 Error in profibus code 130 waiting for parameter.

KSS00099 Error on REading Writing with followup message KSS03092

Saying possible casue is incoreect profibus module installed.

Edited 2 times, last by dhracer3 ().

Advertising from our partners