Integrating 3d Line Scanner

• Hello,

I have a base level arc mate robot I am using (given from customer) for a 3d line scanner application. The 3d line scanner is mounted to the robot. I need to feed an "encoder" pulse to the controller of the 3d scanner from the robot to handle the triggering. I have used the scanners before and with a drive i generated a pulse based on position. Then in the camera I set how much movement 1 pulse is and it will trigger based on the pulse to make a perfect stitched together image through the travel. It will be a straight X direction movement during the scan. The camera has a physical wired input for this pulse. Hopefully I can somehow utilize it this way. I am worried if I do it over Ethernet I will have some latency issues. Do you guys have any experience or tips for trying to do this?

Thanks
    Kevin

• I'm sending triggers via Ethernet/IP and I don't have any latency problems. Only problem I have is little distortion because of acceleration and deceleration but it doesn't bother me.

• I'm sending triggers via Ethernet/IP and I don't have any latency problems. Only problem I have is little distortion because of acceleration and deceleration but it doesn't bother me.

Could you please show me what that looks like on the fanuc side? How you are sending the triggers.

• If you take more than one profile with the camera, I would do some CNT100 motions and some motions before and after to keep the speed under the camera constat. Also maybe triggering the camera with DB (distance before) or TB (time before) will work better for you.

Advertising from our partners