How to use khash.exe?

• if the khash documentation is correct, why not show how exactly did you obtained "0E76390E88C27932C9816D326AF12CEA2B"?

ok, it seem to be the same one...

this is just getting more weird then, why it did not work in the past?

and why did it say OK on specific scenario (was failing on others)...

there seem to be more KSS bugs

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• well i got some more tests and yes, KHASH does work correctly, problem was indeed with KSS. this includes random results reported by krl_mount for example.

upgrading to 8.5.8 fixed this particular issue on both systems with 8.5.6 and 8.5.7HF1.

btw. while 8.5.8 seem to work fine, included firmware upgrade does not seem to run.

but KHASH does work as advertised. so to generate password hash using command such as

khash 68kuka1secpw59

note that passwords are case sensitive so when using KHASH command, wrong case will get you wrong hash result.

i always poke around things and noticed that user name and password did not matter since share had full R/W access for everyone.

don;t have much time but would like to try playing with permissions for specific user etc.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hey ppl,

Has anyone try it with this version VSS 8.3.20 VKRC4 ed. 2105? just wondering if someone established connection.

Getting always msg_no -2 and i think the folder its properly shared and also my code is fine, i khash the password, didnt try it with khash the user but reading this thread seems like khash documentation it's ok and also my folder is shared to every user.

I can mount on my own machine D:\

As i said, just wondering if someone it's been able to krl_mount() with VSS 8.3.20.

Thanks in advance! Also first time posting :smiling_face:

Edited 2 times, last by zemog11 ().

• Hi,

it was interesting what you were are talking about. Unfortanetly I am completely lost and I have no idea what you are actually talking about.

Starting with KSS V7 kuka changed from FTP to CIFS(Common Internet File System).

Just check this out:

If you want to add a directory create directory and add a specific user to it

If you want to add a specific user add the user and before create a password for him.

Afterwards you are able to check whether your try of connection was successful you can see that on "#client connections". If value would be still "0" you made a mistake, otherwise congratulation you did a great job.

• Isnt the user name wrong it should Be KukaUser not KUKAUser ?

• I seem to be having a similar problem as others in this thread. I started by attempting to write data to a laptop, but am now just attempting to mount D:/ on the KR C. I've followed this thread completely and am currently working from home on Office.Lite KSS 8.6.1. My code doesn't pass the krl_mount returning MSG_NO -2. Here's my test KRL code:

Output of state1 after krl_mount

Code
    {STATE_T: 
    RET1 #CMD_ABORT,
    MSG_NO -2,
    MSG_TYPE "D",
    HITS 0,
    LENGTH 0
    }

Any ideas why I can't replicate the results in previous successful posts?

Edit: So the first krl_mount call actually works, but I have to manually unmount to run again. The krl_fopen is causing msg_no -32.. similar to paranoidandroids problem on the previous page.

Edited once, last by iiQKA ().

• Well, for one thing, you're firing those commands far too quickly. I doubt the controller takes kindly to having Mount, Open, and UnMount fired in sequence as fast as the code can execute. Try putting some generous (as in multi-second) time delays in between those commands.

• I actually already tried that. I put a wait sec 4 before the krl_fopen and it still threw a -32 at me. Maybe I need one before the unmount also, due to the advance run.

• No change. Put a wait sec 4 before krl_fopen and krl_unmount, the krl_fopen still results in #cmd_abort.

I'm waiting on a response from KUKA, but no word.

• I could for both local on the Office Lite as well as the networked drive on my laptop.. never successfully created a file.

• Tried going back to the laptop (through VMware) with similar code, but didn't even mount..

KUKA did get back to me, but nothing they've suggested worked either. I suspect there is a setting I'm missing somewhere and if I discover it I'll be sure to update here.

But if anyone has any other ideas, let me know!

• as far i know 192.168.0.1 is windows (krc) and 192.168.0.2 is vxworks this are the subnets u may have to change ur ip, u can share disk D: of krc and try to mount it first and then try to mount on ur test file

did u khash the password 68kuka1secpw59?

Advertising from our partners