Access Y200 interface in OfficeLite

• Hi Mischa,

I would come back to your offer with the specific questions :smiling_face:

Recently I set up a C# application which connects via TcpClient to the Y200 Server. Unfortunatly the Y200 Server displays an error message "wrong telegram format" when I try to exchange data. Until the message is sent, I receive a few bits, but nothing that makes any sense to me (compared to the IO, Base and tool data bits).

So my question: did you have the telegram format error as well any can share any tips to solve it / how does the telegram look like?

Or didn't you have to built everything from scratch by using the InteropWMCommLib? If so: any tips here? I'm having trouble with the interop components.

Thanks in advance!

• Any hint for message format? did try some XML schema, but no luck :frowning_face:

• Hi Frost9222 and grunftz,

First of all, I want to point out that Y200 is not a server, it's just an interface on top of which you need to develop your own server. I think this is the main misunderstanding.

Thus the main idea is:

1. Develop your own TCP server, that runs on KUKA PC. The server will do a couple of tasks:
      1. Create TCP/IP socket and listen for the clients.
      2. Read the shared memory file. So the Y200 interface reads the data from KRC and writes it to the shared memory. Y200 also reads the shared memory inputs and writes them to the KRC.
      3. Send the data to the client.
      4. Receive the data from the client and write it to the shared memory.
    2. Develop your own client application that runs on any PC on the network.
      1. Create TCP/IP Socket and connect to the server.
      2. Receive the data from the server.
      3. Split the received bytes into the needed information: joint values, inputs, outputs, etc.
      4. Use (display) the received data.
      5. Send the data to the server.

I hope this helps a lot!

• Hi Mischa . I'm trying to use Y200 as well. I installed it following the instructions on the Officelite 8.6 pdf document (also with no VRC installed). Unfortunately, when I click on Visu, the VRC Y200 TestClient opens up but is unable to read data from the robot. All numbers are 0 and inputs and outputs are all turned off.
    Do you happen to know any way of fixing this?

• Hi Mischa . I'm trying to use Y200 as well. I installed it following the instructions on the Officelite 8.6 pdf document (also with no VRC installed). Unfortunately, when I click on Visu, the VRC Y200 TestClient opens up but is unable to read data from the robot. All numbers are 0 and inputs and outputs are all turned off.
    Do you happen to know any way of fixing this?

Hi Marco,

I usually get all 0's for all axes if the drivers are off, so are you sure the KRC drivers are on?

Also, you can check the Y200IpcName inside the C:\KRC\USER\Y200Interface.config file. It should be the KUKA PC name, but usually, this is configured automatically.

Otherwise, just do the cold start.

Let me know if it helps.

• Hi Mischa, thanks for answering.

This is my current situation:

However, I didn't know Y200IpcName needed to be the KUKA PC name. I checked Settings -> About -> PC Name. Then I turned off SmartHMI, changed Y200IpcName to my PC Name and relaunched StartKRC. Unfortunately, this didn't solve the problem. I also tried restarting the virtual machine, but nothing changed.

I read again the Officelite document and it says that I need to use the controller's name as Y200IpcName. I tried Controller_1 but didn't work.

My Y200IpcName was "Y200_VRC_R1" which was my default setting and I remember it was what panic mode was using.
    Do you have any suggestion on how to procede?

• Hi Mischa, thanks for answering.

This is my current situation:

However, I didn't know Y200IpcName needed to be the KUKA PC name. I checked Settings -> About -> PC Name. Then I turned off SmartHMI, changed Y200IpcName to my PC Name and relaunched StartKRC. Unfortunately, this didn't solve the problem. I also tried restarting the virtual machine, but nothing changed.

I read again the Officelite document and it says that I need to use the controller's name as Y200IpcName. I tried Controller_1 but didn't work.

My Y200IpcName was "Y200_VRC_R1" which was my default setting and I remember it was what panic mode was using.
    Do you have any suggestion on how to procede?

Hi,

yes, you are right the controller's name needs to be used as Y200IpcName, just my OfficeLite PC and Controller names are the same. Sorry for the confusion.

Some info about Y200IpcName: this will be the name of the Shared Memory File used by VRC Y200 TestClient (or used by your own server) to read/write the KRC data. If this name is wrong, you will not be able to do anything.

Note that after changing anything inside Y200Interface.config file, the Cold start needs to be performed. Also, VRC Y200 TestClient needs to be closed before.

As far as I remember, first, the KRC drivers should be On, and then the VRC Y200 TestClient opened. Otherwise, it did not work for me.

If you do everything correctly and it still does not work, I can only suggest uninstalling and installing the Y200 again.

Good luck!

• Hi Mischa. Unfortunately I tried but didn't have any luck, I have no idea what the problem is about. Thanks nonetheless for the help!

• Hello Y200 Interface can run on real controller ?

Hi,

in theory yes, but I've never tried it. I only tested it with a KUKA Office PC (a real PC running KSS 8.6).

The question is, why do you need it, since the main purpose of the Y200 interface is to enable Virtual Commissioning?

Advertising from our partners