Access Y200 interface in OfficeLite

• Hello,

Does anyone have experience working with the Y200 interface in OfficeLite? I have OfficeLite_KSS8.5 and since Y200 interface is available and does not have to be licensed, I try to read the controller information. Is it possible to access the data with an external application that runs on the host machine? I know it is possible to purchase Y200 Remote Server that will transfer the data through TCP/IP, but it is not my case.

Does this mean that I need to create my own server on the virtual machine that will read the data from Y200 interface and transfer it to the host?

Do you have any example application of PrimaryInterOp.Cross3Krc.dll library?

Thank you in advance!

Edited once, last by Mischa ().

• Y200 - interface for simulation programs other than KUKA.Sim Pro, e.g. WinMOD.

Y200 gives access to controller Inputs $IN[], Outputs $OUT[], Axis-specific position $AXIS_ACT, Cartesian position $POS_ACT, Current base and Current tool information.

The problem is that there is no information on how to work with this interface :icon_frown:

The one we have in KUKA_OfficeLite_85_en.pdf is definitely not enough.

• Read the manual OfficeLite ab KSS 8.3 B388 Kapitel 3.6 ( Workflow) and Kapitel 5.4.

(In OfficeLite ab KSS 8.5 look different.)

Readme.txt.....

Setup for KUKA technology package

===================================

1. Plug in USB stick.

2. Select Start-up > Install additional software in the main menu.

3. Press New software. If a software package on the USB stick is not displayed,

press Refresh.

4. Select the software package to be installed and press Install. Reply to the request

for confirmation with Yes. The files are copied onto the hard drive.

5. Repeat step 4 if another software package is to be installed from this stick.

6. Remove USB stick.

7. It may be necessary to reboot the controller, depending on the additional

software. In this case, a corresponding prompt is displayed. Confirm with

OK and reboot the robot controller. Installation is resumed and completed.

…..

(Attachment 1)

• that was helpful. apparently this is documented.

so I got hands on Y200 and installed it in OfficeLite. reboot is required as usual when installing options. default configuration is fine, no need to change it. after reboot Y200 server icon shows up in tray (purple).

Notice that drives are not enabling any more although all icons are green and one for Enabling switch is changing state when enabling switch is on.

For some reason had to turn Drives on manually once - like in AUT mode. After this enabling switch can turn drives on as usual.

Rightclicking Y200 icon in tray and choosing "Visu" launches client.

Language is still German but more importantly there is no apparent way to import I/O comments. This would be really helpful.

Outputs are read only. Clicking on inputs with either mouse button toggles them.

Active outputs are shown in Y200 client in red, inputs are green. Both are dark gray when off.

Indicators are round but smaller than on HMI I/O screen, plus they have a ring around them further reducing usable area. I wish one could pick colors as this is not very easy to see specially since last clicked object changes color (Aqua appearance when highlighted). As i am getting older, I would rather have something with higher contrast, without need to squint. Heck how about something that works for color blind people too? Black rectangle for FALSE, Yellow circle for TRUE and no blue highlighting of the I/O icons (keep it on text label only)?

As expected axis positions are visible always. Cartesian only after tool and base are set and robot starts moving.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hi Panic Mode,

did you change your Y200IPCName according your Office Lite instance name? Because I got the software installed, I can open the test client and so on but I get no connection between Roboter und TestClientY200

• no, everything worked with defaults, no setting needed change...

you probably tried to launch EXE directly instead of using Visu as shown.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I used Visu...

I tried with the default settings and also changing the IPC Name...

What I dont understand is what did you do with the drives.. maybe this is the reason of the problem...

• status of drives has nothing to do with ability to communicate or read inputs for example.

what do you mean by changing IPC name, this is set by installer and i see no instruction about editing it manually or how to determine this particular "controller name".

this is what my config is like:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<VrcY200Settings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

<Y200IpcName>Y200_VRC_R1</Y200IpcName>

<Y200ReadOffset>0</Y200ReadOffset>

<Y200WriteOffset>1024</Y200WriteOffset>

</VrcY200Settings>

btw. this is what colors look like. it seem to be given same consideration like new Ontario license plates

it is pretty much grey on grey surrounded by grey with a hint of grey :grinning_squinting_face:

• Hi Panic Mode,

I also had problems with Y200 interface in Office Lite. When I installed Y200 and opened the TestClient everything was ok, Axis Values and Digital IO was shown correctly. Next day it didn't work anymore.

Since we gave a permanent IP-adress to the OfficeLite VM everything is ok. To me it seems like if this adress changes the Y200 interface don't work anymore.

I'm not really sure if this really is the reason why it didn't work correctly, but in my case it helped.

• in my OfficeLite (v8.5) , this was on D:\

i would expect that same is still the case with newer one. if not, just contact KUKA.

3) read 1 and 2

• (Edited!!!)

Hi,

I was able to connect to KUKA OfficeLite and KUKA Office PC (real PC that runs KSS 8.6) through the Y200 interface and I hope my experience can help somebody. Please, see the detailed communication diagram attached.

Briefly about the main thing: the Server is a service program, which, in connection with the Y200 Interface, allows the coupling between the OLP application and the virtual robot controller (VRC) application KUKA.OfficeLite over TCP/IP network.

From my experience:

1. Y200 does not have to be licensed.

2. The VRC and Y200 interfaces cannot be installed together on the KRC virtual image, otherwise the Y200 interface will not work properly.

3. Y200 interface only works with KSS 8.5 and higher.

4. Use network address translation (NAT): the virtual machine and the host system share a single network identity that is not visible outside the network.

5. C:\KRC\User\Y200Interface.config file contains the Y200IpcName - the shared-memory name to access the KRC data.

6. The following data are stored on the shared memory: Inputs $IN[], Outputs $OUT[], Axis-specific position $AXIS_ACT, Cartesian position $POS_ACT, Current base $BASE and Current tool $TOOL. The Inputs can be read/written, but the outputs are only read access.

7. The server and the client mentioned here are developed by myself. Y200 is not a server, but only an interface used to exchange the data between KRC and shared memory.

Sorry, I cannot share the source code, but feel free to ask any specific questions.

Advertising from our partners