Fanuc PMC Training - Worth the Time/Money?

• Hey gang - Title says it all: Is Fanuc PMC training (at the Rochester Hills Facility) worth the time and money?

I've got a couple of certificates from previous/basic trainings, have done some of their online stuff, and am actually asking about this one because I'm looking at going out for a couple of days for a maintenance class, and the PMC class would fill out the rest of the week. It's a bit of a drive, so going for just 2 days doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

LMK if you've taken it, or if you think it's useful at all.

Thanks!

• That is one of the very few courses i have not taken there, but i will say all of their training has been great and well worth the time. Although i will say that if it is just about a useful training course, the electrical maintenance course was my favorite and probably the most useful day to day and in emergencies since then.

Are you using PMC in your facility? We have all of our PLC's separate and communicating with the robots over ethernet, so it isn't a class i am likely to take. If you do take it, i would love to know what you think and how useful it was.

• That's the thing - we don't use PMC (nor have I ever seen anyone use it that I'm aware of) but I feel like it could be used a lot more than it is. And the class happens to take up the other 3 days of the week that I would be going out for a 2 day class, so I didn't know if it was worth checking out.

I've had good luck with Fanuc training at Rochester Hills as well, but I've heard the other facilities don't do as good of a job.

• I actually took PMC training at the Chicago facility (which was based on the Fanuc CNC not robot) before it was offered in Rochester Hills for Robots & thought it was extremely worthwhile but at that time a couple years ago, we were using a PMC on the robots a lot. It's slowed down a bit. It is nice that it's all onboard & you basically have access to everything on the robot. Does make life a lot simpler when not having to setup communication & decide what to pass back & forth. & it's a fairly cheap option. I think at 1 point it was $500. Not sure more recently. & you can use the PMC option in conjunction with roboguide. I can have roboguide running, have Fanuc Ladder 3 up monitoring the PMC, make changes, download to the virtual robot, etc.

Advertising from our partners