Motoman Home Position Tool

• Does anyone know if Motoman has a tool to set the home position if encoder data is lost or a motor is swapped, similar to KUKAs Electronic Mastering tool that inserts into each axis and lines up the marks on its own?

• Not familiar with Kuka. Yaskawa has a zeroing function. It is a sensor that is installed on an axis. Through a programming pendant screen the axis will move. The sensor detects the transitions and re-writes the abso data. This function can't be added on after the sale. It must be ordered at the time of purchase so the robot has the correct castings to accept the sensor.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Hello,

Did you find more information on this matter?

I would like to perform a mastering of a motoman robot too, and It does have places to align like the Kuka robots. Don't know if a special tool is needed or can be done with a probe-gauge maybe?

Thank you,

Luís

• Motoman robot have a red arrows in each axis, this arrows is to align the axis in the home position.

After this alignment go to menu [Robot]--> [Home Position] and set the new home position.

But BE VERY CAREFULL.

Rafael Schroer

Motoman & ABB OLP Programmer

• I doubt the alignment marks are "correct". And some of them are also damaged (don't ask me, I don't know it's previous history).

I see some bolts near the marks that seem to work like the kuka robots, and I can align it mechanically. I just don't know the correct diameter for the "pin" that should go in, or maybe use a gauge?

I'll try to get one of those bolts out tomorrow.

• There are manuals where it is mentioned about this tool. I have even found measurements of it. More than that - few tools exists for calibration purposes (there is different tool for B and T axis as i have understand from those pdf's)). Tomorrow i can look for manual that you need.

25/8

• Motoman robot have a red arrows in each axis, this arrows is to align the axis in the home position.

After this alignment go to menu [Robot]--> [Home Position] and set the new home position.

But BE VERY CAREFULL.

Well... with calibration tool one must be more careful than with red arrows. I have suspicion that until robot does not reach MAX or MIN value that is set in parameters, it goes until "Servo Tracking Error" shows up from mechanical jam. I did not have tried it yet, but i will, because each time i setup new home position, pulse value is changing for the same axis. So, if f.e. i had abso for "S" 14651 pulse, and battery goes down, each time i set new home position without changing battery i get different pulse value for axis "S".

25/8

• So, i looked to a manuals that i have, and yes - there are several tools for calibration. I do not know what type of robot You are speaking about, but f.e. for UP165 You need one Pin, two different Jigs, two different Knockout Pins. For UP200 You need three different Pins, two different Jigs and two different Knockout Pins. And if You wish to have full calibration set with Fixing Jigs that are needed for changing motors, there are more tools. More than that, for each type of robot they are different...

P.S. sorry for grammar - English is not my native language.

25/8

• I know this is an old thread but thank you for the responses everyone. Sounds like it *can* be done but the "preferred" method is the imprecise way with the arrow marks.

Advertising from our partners