SRVO-062 and Menu help

• Hello,

I am new to a FANUC system that has been unused since 2014. I had 6 SRVO-062 alarms. I found that could because of the battery. We located and tested if the battery is dead. It had charge and was good. I also found that I should try and do a PULSE RESET. This told me to go to the system variable screen.

I found a video to show me how to get there. They click on the menu, then next and have an option for SYSTEM. That option is not available on my menu screen. Could it be in a different location?

• Since I can not delete, I will post an update. Sorry for being so new, but I figured out there is a mode under fnct that is Quick / Full Menu. That helped me find the System variables.

I went and did the SPC_RESET pulse. That with a confirmed live battery did not fix the BZAL. Starting to think it is the connectors, but not sure.

• You mention doing a "SPC_RESET" but i'm not sure what you mean. For SRVO-062 you need to go to Menu>Setup>Master_cal and hit F3 to RES_PCA (Reset Pulse Coder Alarm) then F4 for confirm. After this you need to cycle power by hitting FCTN>0>8 and then select yes and hit enter. I'm assuming you aren't worried about losing all of your encoder data at this point since it's probably already gone anyways after sitting for so long powered off. And I would recomend changing the four batteries in the base of the robot anyways snice they are 5 years old. Try this and then post back if you need anything else. Or you can PM me directly.

*EDIT* if you go to Menu>Setup and don't see the master_cal option (which should be right under Variables) then you go to the Variables and find $MASTER_ENB and set it from 0 to 1 and hit enter. I've had to do this a few times and then cycle power using FCTN>0>8 to get the master cal option to appear. The variables are in alphabetical order so should be easy to find.

"I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio."

Edited once, last by SHIFT_Lock ().

• I've just never done it that way myself. Try out the method I posted about above and let me know if you need any further assistance walking you through it. What you did with the SPC_RESET should not have done any damage to your robot though as that is an alternative method. Just not one i've ever tried.

*EDIT* as much as we get SRVO-068/62 alarms on our one robot I am going to test this method out reseting system variable $MCR.$SPC_RESET as I have never done it and i'm curious if you need to cycle power afterwards.

*EDIT2* I've just tried to use the method you've described and was unable to clear my SRVO-062 BZAL alarm. But using the RES_PCA I described earlier works just fine.

"I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio."

Edited once, last by SHIFT_Lock ().

• I appreciate the help so far. I tried your method, but under FNC there was no option for cycle power. There was no option in the 8 slot on either screen of FNC. I did the method, but instead of cycle power, I turned off and own the system.

Since I am so new to the industry and this is proving to not be worth the time, we have decided to get it properly serviced by the outside then try to fix it internally.

• Do you by chance have a Mate controller? i beleive I read somewhere that the Mate controllers do not have the cycle power option on them. otherwise in the FCTN menu if you hit 0 for next you should have a CYCLE POWER option. Are HMI menus disabled? i don't believe that does anything under the function screen but it's worth a shot.

• Do you by chance have a Mate controller? i beleive I read somewhere that the Mate controllers do not have the cycle power option on them. otherwise in the FCTN menu if you hit 0 for next you should have a CYCLE POWER option. Are HMI menus disabled? i don't believe that does anything under the function screen but it's worth a shot.

I have a mate controller and those do not have cycle power option in FCTN menu, but powering off from main works just as fine. I had the same problem as Luke, very new to fanucs, but I tried the same procedure you mentioned and worked fine to get rid of BZAL alarm. Then i did master calibration for all axis and in 30 minutes robot was up and running with new program i created
    :dance2:
    So, thank you

• I have a mate controller and those do not have cycle power option in FCTN menu, but powering off from main works just as fine. I had the same problem as Luke, very new to fanucs, but I tried the same procedure you mentioned and worked fine to get rid of BZAL alarm. Then i did master calibration for all axis and in 30 minutes robot was up and running with new program i created
    :dance2:
    So, thank you

I'm glad this worked for you!

Advertising from our partners