Configure Profinet YRC1000

• Hey, i want to configure the profinet in the yaskawa YRC1000 controller (GP12) robot, i want a to connect a PLC to control the program in remote mode (turn on the servos, running the program sending information to the robot to do the swicth cases, etc) and i don't have documentation that explains that (I have gsdml files). Your help will be useful because i'm new in robotics and in automation.

Thanks

• Are you looking for help on configuring the ProfiNet to talk to the plc or rewriting the concurrent i/o ladder in the YRC controller? These are two different topics.

Configuration manual is this (DX200, YRC should be the same.)

https://www.motoman.com/getmed…837-1CD.pdf.aspx?ext=.pdf

Rewriting the ladder for something other than pass through mapping is this manual.

https://www.motoman.com/getmed…648-1CD.pdf.aspx?ext=.pdf

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• I don't have the CP1616 board, i only have the JANCD-ABB02-E riser card with one profinet connector. I don't have the PLC to comunicate already. I have a question, the SIN#29 AND THE SIN#30 that have in description "EXT START" and "EXT SERVO ON" respectivaly, can be the outputs of the PLC to do the external start and external servo on in remote mode? thanks

• If you look in the ladder program in the controller you should see on the System Side a rung with 40044 as the output. An Auxiliary relay 70010 is driving part of that rung. On the User Side there is a rung with a set of contacts 20010 and an output of 70010. You can parallel around the 20010 with the external input from the plc.

As far as 40045. You would have to search the ladder to see if it is even in there. If so you can parallel around it with your external input address from the plc. If it is not you could write a new rung with your contacts and output to 40045.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• I don't see 75000 or 75610 in the manuals. I do not see them either in my ladders for Material Handling application. Can you save out the ladder and post it as a txt file?

GRP is a group of 8. It is passing the status (on or off) from something to something else for a total of 8 consectutive addresses.

Instead of having 8 rungs that look like this:

STR #20030
    OUT #00010

STR #20031
    OUT #00011

STR #20032
    OUT #00012

STR #20033
    OUT #00013

STR #20034
    OUT #00014

STR #20035
    OUT #00015

STR #20036
    OUT #00016

STR #20037
    OUT #00017

Yaskawa can replace this this with:

GRP

This would be pass through mapping and allows faster processing. If we want a more complex circuit or want to re-assign, then we break out the groups.

• I can't save it as txt file in the USB stick ??? in the ladder i have no options and when i go to the external memory device i don't find any ladder, only 6 folders (job, file, parameter, i/o data, system data and system backup).

• Go to EX Memory, SAVE. I/O DATA. Inside I/O DATA is C.IO PRGM. This is the ladder. Save that file. The name will be CIOPRG.LST. Open the file with a text editor like Notepad. Save as a .txt file.

The website will only allow certain extensions to be uploaded.

• Ok, what I see in the ladder is someone has mapped the first and second groups of 8 of the external inputs to Auxiliary Relays. So where I originally said you should see on the User Side a rung with a set of contacts 20010 and an output of 70010 someone has used 75000 instead. 75000 is same as 20010.

Now the 75610 auxiliary relay is really external input address 21920. This is group 192, first bit. That is way up there, that would not be hardwired I/O and would be in the realm of a communication board I/O. Not too low, not too high. Looking at what someone did with this, I would either look for support documentation that came with the controller or get a hold of the Yaskawa office that sold it. I could go through with some time to figure it out. But someone should have a document to explain what signal turns on what. I'm guessing that they had the Profi board on the order and loaded a custom ladder into the controller. This custom ladder could have items that you want such as starting the robot externally, calling the Master Job, etc...

I'm seeing things like this also done for the outputs.

Attached is a quick spreadsheet I used to decipher this.

• So for example, if i want to do a external start, i need to activate the external input 20010 in the PLC? if i activate the external input 20010 i wil turn on the 75000 m-register (is the same as auxiliary relay?) and in the ladder i need to add a rung with STR 75000 and 40044 output? Where did you see that the external input 20010 is the external start? thanks

• So for example, if i want to do a external start, i need to activate the external input 20010 in the PLC? if i activate the external input 20010 i wil turn on the 75000 m-register (is the same as auxiliary relay?) and in the ladder i need to add a rung with STR 75000 and 40044 output? Where did you see that the external input 20010 is the external start? thanks

My apologies, an Auxiliary relays and an M-registers are not the same. When I was working on the spreadsheet I was thinking about the conversation with M-registers. Aux relays are an address to store true or false of a rung in the ladder. The results can be used as contacts in the ladder. A M-register is a place to store a number between 0 - 65535 in the address in the ladder. It can be used for arithmetic, timer, or counter.

I have revised and added to the spreadsheet.

Address 20010 is dedicated to external start. Know it by memory. It is hardwired on a terminal strip. Someone has mapped 20010 through 20017 to 75000 through 75007. Address 21920 through 21927 has been mapped to 75610 through 75617. When 20010/75000 or 21920/75610 comes on 70010 will turn on. This then turns on 40044 which is external start.

Long story short: The plc outputs a signal to the robot controller address 21920 and the job will start running.

• hey welcome back! i want to send a signal to the plc in the job, for example i want to activate the external output 32060, but i don't know how do to it in the job (with a dout or a pulse). how i do it? thanks

• If the documentation I provided is correct 32060 is an output controlled by aux relay 76740. This is controlled by 50400, sequence continuing R1. 50400 is a specific output. Its state (on or off) is determined by the controller.

• Hi Henrique,

Were you able to achieve your goal? I am also searching for document to do the same. I need to connect our GP12 robot with S7-1500 PLC via Profinet. If you succeeded could you please share your experience? We have a Anydata Profinet card in the robot controller.

Regards,

Jamal

Advertising from our partners