Error 250 and 223

• I would start with comparison of current and old archive for mada or servo parameters change, maybe hdd is corrupt or failing. Next is hardware check, both KSD and interbus cable that cascades from A5 to A6 drive. Maybe swap them out and see if problem moves. And there is RDW_DSE tool...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hi Panic,

Thanks for your help.
    I must admit I have never put my fingers in servo parameters.
    Could you point to where these files are ?

The hard drive looks healthy ; I detected no strange behavior in Windows.

I noticed that the LEDs on the drive for motor 6 are indeed black, while it's chistmas for the others : https://photos.app.goo.gl/DcXFEvVR53ZjmEMB6
    I made a cold start and I saw that they don't blink at all.

I swapped the intebus cable with another one, and it changes nothing, so the cable is good.
    Could be the Kuka Servo Drive cables, but it seems all nice and snug.

Maybe it's the KSD1-08 servo drive module.
    Funny, I see on Ebay that the prices for these ddrive modules range from 175 $ to 2500 $, and the KSD1-08 module is generally more expensive than the -16 , -36 and larger ones...

Edited once, last by Wall-E ().

• Rather than trying to examine the servo files directly, your best bet is to make a fresh Archive of the robot, then run a full-depth comparison between that and a pre-failure Archive, using a tool like WinMerge or Beyond Compare.

However, the behavior of the LEDs on the A6 module leads me to suspect hardware failure. The quickest way to check this would be to swap the A6 with another same-rating servo module -- usually, A4, A5, and A6 are all the same "model" of module, on KRC2s. (similarly, A1-A3 are usually the same).

Swapping the two modules is easy enough. Power down (of course!). Unplug the black connectors at the top and bottom of the module. Unplug the white RJ45 Interbus cable. Loosen the long allen-head bolt at the top of the module. Once that is loose, the module should be free to "tip" towards you -- it "hooks" into the backplate at the bottom, so once you tip it forward, you can lift it off the hook.

Just swap the modules, and plug the cables back in. No software changes are required. Boot. If the error moved with the suspect module, then that module needs replacing or repair. If the error doesn't move with the module, then you've got a bad cable unique to the A6 module.

Advertising from our partners