Pedant freezes /crashes - DX100

• Hi,

I have a problem with the pendant acting weird. Basically I'm not able to do anything on it other than selecting the different menus. The sub menus shows up but I cant press them. Also some of the sub menus don't disappear when I choose a new menu.

Before this happend I had some alarms which I was not able to reset. It said "cannot reset major alarm"
    Yesterday I was able to load and run jobs without any problems.

The only thing out of the ordinary i did yesterday was to try and load some new UFRAME.CND and TOOL.CND but i don't see how this could fuck up the hole machine.

I'm a complete noob just playing around with the robot, so any help would be highly appreciated

Its a dx100 and the robot is a MPL800.

• Just a test:
    your TP is in PLAY mode in your video, this weird situation happen even in TEACH mode.

Could you recover the exact name of the alarm: go under the menu system info->alarm

It does the same thing in TEACH mode. I cannot recover the alarm as I can't enter it. I do hewever have this picture that shows some of the alarms

• Hello
    The main problem in your robot is ALARM 1050.
    if you have CMOS.bin, please load it on the controller in first step,
    you can check below items:
    take out CF card and take in it again in power OFF.
    check the PP cable (internal and external cable)
    change YCP21 board.

• I do not have the CMOS.bin. Is it good practice to have a backup?

Removing the card did not help. Also replacing the external cable did nothing. The internal cables looks fine.

I will look into replacing the YCP21 board.

Thank you for your help.

• Better to have more backups than needed than none at all.

I ran into some of these same alarms the other week. I had to have the controller re-initialized. Did the files you loaded in come from the same robot? Mine either didn't, or had values that were not possible, and jacked the whole system up.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

Advertising from our partners