Zero down time monitoring ( predictive data analysis )

• :beerchug: We time to time under take research on Industrial Solutions, especially in the area of Industrial Robots . In this regard, we would like to collect predictive analysis data's from industrial Robot and fetch the Generic parameters in the Excel sheet. ( Parameters like speed, Load, Robot Status, Motor Temp...etc....) And analyze those parameter, that can address, many future challenges in Robotic World

In this regard, we have 6 Fanuc robots and 2 motoman robots (Profinet Communication protocol using on all robot) needs to monitor and providing details in a single dashboard for customer reference, can you please provide any solution.I can connect the Robot through "Ethernet port in PC interface Options", fetch the static Data through the software

I am looking forward to a favorable reply

• Well, Fanuc is bringing out their FIELD Box IIoT product this year, which might work for you. It should be able to connect seamlessly to any Fanuc controller. The MotoMan controllers would be more difficult, but I know the FIELD Box is supposed to be able to connect to any device that supports OPC-UA.

Beyond that... Fanuc's PCDK might work for the Fanuc controllers, but you'd need something different for the MotoMans (I don't have any background in MMs, so I can't advise you there).

A slightly more DIY solution would be to use TCP/IP socket communications from the robots (assuimng they have that option installed) to a computer running a listening server program (which would have to be hand-written). Push the data from the robots as ASCII strings.

• Thanks for the info. we are trying to initiate diy solution for this project. Already have a server program and data transferring tool for sending into the cloud. But the problem facing in fetching the data's from robot with the help of 3rd party software is not possible. Want to know any software will helpful for getting the robot datas with connecting TCP/IP socket communication. if you have any idea on this , please clear with the procedure that will be really helpful for us

• Bridging the gap between automation and "IT" is an ongoing problem, which has only begun to be solved recently. The popular term is IIoT or "Industry 4.0". The FIELD box is part of this generation.

If you want to produce your own solution, it will depend on what options the robots have installed. Some robots can support generic TCP/IP socket communications by default, others can only do it if you buy an add-on option package. Or, you might be able to use RS-232.

If the robot has the communication option, then you will have to write programs in the robot that will act as either a client or server, to communicate with your central computer, and send the data you want from the robot to the central computer. Exactly how you go about this will depend entirely on your robot brand, language, and what data you wish to send.

Advertising from our partners