Office Lite IO´s and AXEVALUES

• Hello,

is it possible to get the IO´s and the Axevalues from Office Lite out of the Virtual Machine it is running on?
    We tried using Kuka OPC-Server. With this it works that we can see the IO´s and Axevalues in the Virtual Machine in an OPC-Client.
    Now we want the Client on the PC on which the Virtual Machine is running. Is this even possible?

• Hello,

yes it is possible using dcom for this remote communication.
    All opc clients I know allows local and/or remote communication.
    Depending on the windows version it could be difficult to set dcom up.

regards

MOM

• yes it is possible. in fact that is the whole point of OPC.

but as mentioned, there will be some bunch of settings that need to be made. i would suggest to disable firewall in both machines until connection is working. then gradually secure things up (otherwise you will never know what is blocking the connection).

when you are running OPC client on the KRC (or inside OL), there are no firewalls etc. so setup is very easy, it practically works out of box. but it is not like that when connecting from host or other machine.... newer Windows versions make this setup a bit simpler.

before you develop own OPC client, make sure to try something that works. as i recall, Kuka includes a basic client as well as some source code but 3rd party commercial demos may be easier to get working quickly.

i also suggest to take plenty of screenshots and notes of every change you make. some day you will need to repeat this (maybe on same robot after software upgrade for example) and you will be happy to have the notes.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners