Experiences using Fanuc's R30(s) controller with more than 1 robot

• hi, the M10's manual includes a section about using one R30 (B) for controlling up to 4 robots.
    The layout appears to be one controller and then using an amplifier box for each extra robot.
    Does anyone have experiences using this setup? What problems did you run into?
    How does DCS work with each robot?
    If you only have one pendant, how do you switch between the robots you want to control? (in teach mode)
    Do background tasks run ok, to monitor inputs?

I have had many years of working with/programming industrial robots ( mainly Fanuc.)
    I just have never come across this setup.
    I have asked Fanuc for more info... but would like some real world feedback.

Thanks.

• Hello,

I am currently working with a customer with this setup (R-30iA V7.7), it is an arc welding cell. The only limitation I have come across is mapping DI/O because the Fronius power source uses 300 I/O points x 4 robots is 1200, but the max is 1024 points for R-30iA. Each arm is its separate motion group, so you switch motion groups like a tool frame or user frame to select each robot. This cell does not have DCS, but it works the same as I just described; each CPC, JPC etc. needs to have it's own motion group defined. If you want to have a fence line for all 4 robots, you need to have 4 CPC's. I haven't really run into any issues, the programming is a little more complicated, it's more of an inconvenience if anything. That has been my experience anyway.

• Thank you.
    I should not have an Input issue.. these are handling robots.

I have used extra motion axis(s) before, so using the group makes sense.

Advertising from our partners