DCS config problem

• :help:

Hi everyone,

I'm quite new to fanuc robots. I have a robot R-J3iC, M-410iB. We moved this robot from one facitity to another one, so the safety fence was changed. I have to configure a DCS option to avoid damaging the fence and people around. So I login with password, I go to the DCS menu, I set the safety user frame in DCS CPC menu. Parameters are like this:

- enable
    - method: Diagonal (in)
    - group: 1
    - Target model 1: 2 (2 is our standart tool)
    - the rest of target models: 0
    - User frame: 0

Current position is inside the frame I made by Point1 and Point2. And the status is SAFE.

But when I move robot outside the safe frame it is also SAFE. When I change Target model from tool2 to robot (-1) and current position is still inside the safety frame the statsu is UNSAFE and I cannot move the arm.

Please help me with this issue. I think I make a mistake somewhere in configuration.

• The entire model is inside the cube (including the Z height)? Do you have more than one motion group on this controller? If the status is unsafe, the target model is outside of the cube. I'm assuming this is your fence line for the cell?

Try looking at the 4D DCS graphics to help you diagnose the problem. If you need further help a screenshot would be helpful.

• Generally you can use the 'VIEW' option in your current DCS zone (typically under the cartesion setup area, then next, then F5) to look at your current configuration and see what is causing the DCS to behave incorrectly. A robot that old though, I am not sure how helpful it will be. That was the first gen of DCS, and is a bit clunky.

If you are modeling the arm, I would guess that the DCS zone is intersecting the robot somewhere. Most common issue I see is someone setting the Z value of a zone at 0, and that intersects with the J1 casting, since 0 on Fanucs is where J1 and J2 intersect.

Try looking at the 4D DCS graphics to help you diagnose the problem. If you need further help a screenshot would be helpful.

No 4D DCS for that gen of controller. Only the clunkier 2d plane views. I agree, screenshots would be helpful. A backup even more so.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• Press the next key on your DCS cart screen, then hit view to see the current representation. Your entire model is not in the cube.

As you can see, X- is not big enough. Z+/- not big enough. I used a M410iB/700 for the picture.

• Thank you. Unfortunately after pressing NEXT and VIEW there is information that option R733 - DCS visualisation is required. But I'll try to change the frame basing maybe it will work finally.

Advertising from our partners