Attaching external I/O

• Hi All,

I'm looking to attach a Beckhoff EK1100 with slices el1809 and el2809 to a KMR200. The Beckhoff uses ethercat communication and the IO will be used to attach buttons that will be used to include a start, stop and reset button to the code. We are having issues that when we add the Beckhoff to the WoV file the KMR looses vital functionality. Is there a way to add the external buttons without loosing functionality?

Many thanks!

• There's a Work Visual patch for mobile platforms. If you don't have the patch, it will cause bus configuration errors. You should be able to get the patch by contacting Kuka.

• Thank you for getting back to me.
    The issue I'm having is that we can get the Inputs and Outputs to work but everything else on that bus (Sys-X48) does not. We could not charge the robot with the Beckhoff connected. We are in contact with kuka and we received the patch but it still does not work

• [size=2]you are asking for help and yet you provided no info. even key information such as SunriseOS version, topology of your X48 bus, WoV version etc. are missing. how is anyone supposed to guess what you have there?[/size]

[size=2]you must use correct software versions (they all need to match).[/size]

[size=2]i guess you are using OS 1.14, SWB 1.14 and WoV5.0.2.313 with or without patch.[/size]
    [size=2]and in case of this WoV, you must use patch or every time you export from WoV to Sunrise, you will get corrupt files. [/size]

[size=2]next is you are using OS1.14 with KMR, there is a bug in KMR catalog so your WoV project will be incomplete, it will be without J-Box radio receiver (-A60 on schematics) and you will not be able to add it yourself. so you end up with busted topology and bunch of I/O groups including BMS will be missing or showing up red. [/size]

[size=2]workaround is to fake it:[/size]
    [size=2]create new project or make sure to have backup of existing one,[/size]
    [size=2]in the station setup, under topology for NavBox remove KMR and replace it with with KMP.[/size]
    [size=2]then your WoV file will be ok with Jay node under X48 and you can add your I/Os as well.[/size]

[size=2]permanent solution is to upgrade to OS1.15 for example. [/size]

[size=2]again, this is just a WAG since you provided nothing to go on...[/size]

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners