Transformations in frames

• Hi there, I just started a new job and I'm trying to get up to speed on programming with SRS and ran into an issue I could use some help with. I'm trying to do a transformation of a point in a straight Z axis move. So i'm trying something like this. movel(appro(pPoint,trMoveZ),flange,mSpeed).
    however, the issue i'm having is at this point p, my Rx, rz, and ry values aren't on the normal world frame, and i can only move it with reference too 'flange' which is out of alignment with my intended z axis, so i'm getting some drift.

Is there anyway to do transformations relative to the world frame regardless of the current flange position??? I'm also using a tool and tried to see if i could compensate for it in some way, but haven't been able too figure that out. Thanks for any help!

• Hi,

you could use

Code
    point compose(point, frame, trsf)

instead of appro.
    This instruction returns the position to which the geometrical transformation is applied relative to the frame.

The difference between theory and practice is greater in practice than in theory.

• :yesyesyes:

Thanks, I actually finally found the difference in using the compose vs. Approach almost at the same time i saw this. Thank you so much for the help!

I've used it for assigning new point values, but i didn't realize it could be used to transform a move just like approach can be.

Advertising from our partners