Control a KUKA KR210 with TwinCat3

• Hello all,

I'm trying to control a KUKA KR210 sixx through my laptop setup with the software TwinCAT 3.1.4022.29 and the library Tc3_mxAutomation v_3.0. Below is the following setup .
    KRC4 controller X44(RJ45) --> EK1100 (RJ45 IN) --> EBUS --> EL6695-1001(BRIDGE IN)--> my laptop(windows 10 64bit)

In WorkVisual 5.0 I made the mxAutomation V2.1.6 catalog option map all the 256 bytes of I/O from 2049 to 4096. So the project was uploaded to the controller and it could be seen that mxAutomation was installed. The KUKA SMARTHMI show error KSS00203。So I think the config is done in kuka controller.

Then in TwinCAT 3.1 I started out by creating an array of the DWORDS which I then linked to the 256 I/O bytes by using the 'Change Multi Link' option. I show online data, Std.TxPDO_Map chanel 0 get “2432893266”, I check the KUKA SMARTHMI OUTPUT I/O from 2049-2080(1001 0001 0000 0011 0000 0001 0101 0010),It is correct。 I try write 2048 in Std.RxPDO-Map channel 0,the KUKASmartHMI INPUT I/O(channel 2060) $MOVE_ENABLE change to true. So at this point I believe that my laptop is connected with KUKA controller.

I run the mxAutomation function block 'KRC_ReadAxisGroup' without any problems. But KRC_Initialize refused to feedback Done. The KRC_ReadKRCError have ERRORID:509。

Did I miss something? If I cannot figure out this problem, I will be fired by company!

Thanks in advance.

• Something just does not add up....

in the first sentence you mention mx library V_3.0
    two lines later or so you are talking about mx V2.1.6

Then mxA manual talks about WoV4.x anbd you are using 5.x etc.
    The point is, you need to make sure all things are correct version.

manual for mxA mentions error 509 and remedy

btw, there are examples of PLC projects in the mxA installation folder which should on your robot D:\KUKA_OPT

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Edited once, last by SkyeFire ().

• Check that ProConOS is running from the Diagnostics Monitor.
    Note that mxA versions < 3.0 require ProConOS to be installed on the robot controller via USB before mxA is installed via WoV.
    Make sure your I/O mapping as added to your project with the Controller Reset.

• thanks all at first!

I have know that i did not install the ProConOS 4-1。KRC version is V8.3.39,check the workvisual version in KUKA controller is 4.0.31。
    I installed the ProConOS 4-1 ,change the Twincat lib to TC3_Mxautomation ,then KRC_Initialize feedback Done ,and I can read the ROBOT
    position A1-A6.
    But new error :MXA414 TIMEOUT HEARTBEAT FROM PLC。
    KRC-Diag Error_ID :414 。
    ProConOS RT_TicK : 0;
    ProConOS Netcomm ststus :free 。

Advertising from our partners