Kuka KRC4 KSS error #15002

• I currently have a robot with the error number #15002. I am fairly new to Kuka and having a hard time finding any manuals that are helpful to troubleshoot the KSS error codes. Can anyone offer any advice?

• It helps to include the complete text of the error message, along with the error code. Also, the Controller Version and KSS version, as outlined in the READ FIRST topic at the top of the forum. Also, some history of this robot -- is it brand new? Has it been modified recently?

IIRC, 15002 is a safety device error. What safety configuration is this robot using?

• Yup, KSS15002 is "Safe device communication error {0}".

In KRC4 all devices are safety rated (drives, RDC, KPP, smartPad, CCU...).
    this means communication for both standard and safety data is present. the difference is that safety data must arrive on time. if it does not, communication chain is broken or one of devices is malfunctioning or configuration is invalid.

the end of message "{0}" is a placeholder for device in question although this device is not necessarily the culprit.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thank for the input. I will add more information moving forward. I am currently reprogramming this robot for another part type. The robot has been running for about three years. I powered the controller off and opened the cabinet up and checked all the COM connections. When I powered the controller back on the alarms were not present.

I worry that this issue is going to pop its ugly head up again. I did find a couple of connections that felt a little loose but I'm not convinced.

Advertising from our partners