Robot stiffness, inertia and damping calculation

• How do you calculate the stiffness, damping, and inertia of motion if the movement coordinates are given in terms of x,y,z, and force is given in terms of fx, fy, fz = [sin(t), cos(t), sin(t)]?
    or
    How to compute admittance parameters from force and position coordinates?

Is there any code for it? Please share. It would really be helpful to understand.

• Are you attempting to drive a robot directly form force sensing at the point of contact? Or are you trying to model the stiffness and inertia of an entire articulated robot arm, as a kinematic chain? The latter is worthy of multiple PhD dissertations. The former is less complex, but is normally done by iteratively tuning a PID algorithm rather than attempting to model all the variables involved.

• Yes, I am working with a kuka robot arm. I am trying to find the stiffness, inertia and damping of the robot arm by its force and trajectory. Do you know any calculations or equations that might help with the objective?

• Which objective are you trying to achieve? Robots are positionally controlled, not force controlled (barring special cases). Your description of what you're looking for is simply far too vague for anyone to provide any useful answers.

• I apologize for not mentioning the objective clearly. The objective is to understand admittance control by using force feedback and position feedback of the robot to calculate the inertia, damping, and stiffness. Please do raise questions if anything is not clear. I would be glad to help and work through it. :icon_smile:

Advertising from our partners