time of movement

• Hi. I apologize in advance for possible grammatical errors. My task is to find the time of movement of the robot from point A to point B in a straight line. I work only in the XY plane, Z - invariably. If anyone knows how it is calculated in an industrial robot, I will be glad of your help. I calculated the time using the method described in the student's work, which I attach below. But his method takes into account only the geometric parameters, and is not accurate enough, or I do something wrong.

• One cannot answer that question as such. The most simple calculation of time is distance/speed. However, when dealing with robots, one must know the acceleration and deceleration. Those things are determined by the amount of torque that the servos can provide and the limiting torque to the gearboxes. Further, the payload as a percentage of the robot's maximum payload is an important factor. Finally, the distance between the positions, if programmed at high speeds, matters because the robot can achieve the higher programmed velocity with a larger distance between the points.

• Yes, I've come across a lot of things you're talking about. For example: robot Fanuc 10iD, set speed 2000 mm/s, distance 100mm. Under these conditions, the maximum real speed ~476mm/s, calculated by the controller time 0.212, real time 0.424(0.212*2). But I do not understand how the controller calculates t=0.212, and calculates very quickly. I would have at least a General outline of the algorithm to learn.
    Still tried to find time by means of this article, but unfortunately did not understand on what principle the controller receives points from the line...with any particular frequency?

• Acceleration, deceleration and payload account for the difference. Those calculation are buried deep in the robot's operating system, not open to anyone. And written by some folks that know a lot more about mathematics and engineering than me. I cannot explain any more that that. Some other people on here are pretty sharp, maybe you will get a better answer soon enough.

Advertising from our partners