KUKA external axes

• Hello everyone.

I got KUKA robot, with KP1-V table as a 7th axis. Then I have servo motor(on robot flange) which manipulates the position of the 3D scanner. This servo motor is the 8th axis of the robot.

The problem is, that when I rotate the 8th axis, the orientation of the robot's TCP didn't change.

I am not sure how it should work. Any ideas? Maybe you have experience with this?

In attach is the machine data prepared for this case.

:help:

• Can you clarify what the function of this system is? It sounds like your 8th axis is not kinematically integrated, but your post doesn't clarify if it needs to be or not.

Every problem has a solution, that isn't the problem. The problem is the solution.

• It is a scanner for welding seams.

I am not sure if it should be in integrated or not.

In attachment to the post: The table connected to the robot is the 8th axis. I just didn't know what I can use as a servo motor component in Work Visual, So I just use some rotation table.

Thank you.

Edited once, last by IP24 ().

• If i understand correctly you use your scanner to track your weld and you have the option to rotate it because? that part is not completely clear. But that means that you should not have that axis integrated because your TCP should be on your welding torch not the scanner. Am i right?

Every problem has a solution, that isn't the problem. The problem is the solution.

• I need to rotate(+5°) the scanner to avoid collisions. But TCP doesn't change its orientation. Then I have to change(-5°) the orientation of weld point to keep scanner perpendicular to the weld seam.

That is why I think that robot's TCP frame must change when I rotate the scanner. So I won't change the orientation of the weld point.

Hope that makes sense.

• I must say i am a little bit confused. ??? You change the orientation of the scanner to avoid collisions, but then change the orientation of your TCP to keep the sensor perpendicular to the seam. Doesn't that negate the rotation of your scanner? i am still struggling to visualize what you are doing. I am not welder but should your seam tracker not be physically linked to your welding torch?

:hmmm: I would like to help but you are making it a bit difficult

• Thanks for the video, but please upload it to youtube or something else and post a link. Memory is precious on this forum.

• In order to get kinematically coupled in the movement of the TCP you have to declare the 8th Axis as external kinematic in machine.dat.

• [size=2]Memory is precious on this forum.
    [/size]

[size=2]True but it not just about the forum - This also affects other forum members (large files loading is slow) and specially people with slow connection or mobile users who are wasting their precious data plan because of some #%$#@&#. Internet is global village and ot everyone has fiber to their home. It is a common courtesy to other forum members, specially those who may offer help. [/size]

[size=2]And when common courtesy is too much to ask, then free answer or support are not deserved. [/size]

[size=2]I have seen people posting tens of photos where each file is some 5-6Mb. Sadly valuable older posts are lost because of someone being stupid or lazy, they don't deserve to be here. In my view, this is no different than any other malicious post and I have no problem banning those who fail to TRY playing along. [/size]

[size=2]They may smarten up when left with alternative ways of support - there are plenty of other channels offering paid support, including Kuka.[/size]

[size=2]Btw. I look the same way at users and topics that fail to provide key info early on. So many threads had 20+ posts just to get to the bottom of what someone is trying to ask. If one can't read or write, should go back to grammar school, rather than bothering busy professionals. Just look at how many people come to read or ask for help, and how few actually offer helping hand.[/size]

[size=2] [/size]

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hello Everyone,

I have kr c4 kr20-3 robot(version 8.3). And I want to add a external axes(SERVOGRIPPER). I use schunk servogripper.

How I add this external axes ?
    How I configure wov project ?

Advertising from our partners