KOP creation

• Below are the information on the version numbers for my Kuka KRC robot.

I have done alot of googling on creating kop but do not seem to find anything.

[Version]
    Version=V8.3.38
    [TechPacks]
    TechPacks=BoardPackage|Gripper-&SpotTech|LoadDataDetermination|Profinet KRC-Nexxt|RemoteService|UserTech|
    BoardPackage=1.4.0
    Gripper-&SpotTech=3.2.0
    LoadDataDetermination=6.2.0
    Profinet KRC-Nexxt=3.2.3
    RemoteService=1.2.0
    UserTech=3.2.0

We have a couple of robots all having different technicians that worked on each cell.

I want to standardize the logic for the PLC comms, can anyone assist in what software to use to create my own kuka kop installation files? or in which documentation i can find a guide to this or can this only be done by Kuka themselves?

Goal is to get this to be standardized and to so also have menu options for configuring this kop?

thanks

• Last I'd heard, only KUKA could create KOP files, but that was a few years ago.

OTOH, while I haven't used it, there are options in WorkVisual for exporting partial projects. There might be a way to create something that way that works like a crude substitute for a KOP. Or maybe the "project compare/merge" function in WV.

• well, have not tried to make one by hand from scratch though it does not seem to be complicated.

also there is an option called KOP Editor that should make this much simpler...

I think current version is 1.3 or so. manual is available on Xpert.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• "standardize the logic for the PLC comms"

i fail to see why standardizing some KRL code on couple of robots should need KOP. all needed to communicate with PLC etc can be canned into a program module, like MsgLib.

or am i missing something... ?

Writing code means creating SRC and DAT file and for that text editor is sufficient.

Btw. creating menu entries also requires only a text editor. details are in UserTech manual.

UserTech is an option that allows creation of own in-line form instructions, status key bars and menus.

Creating own HMI PLUGIN that is called from menu entry is another story.

short of that, i would say EasyHMI is probably the simplest workaround option.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• If you want a standard project, perhaps you can make a master image where you can have same version KSS/Option package/same program ..

As far as i knew, each automative manufacturor has their own standard and master image.

Advertising from our partners