tool calibration using hand guiding?

• I'm currently prototyping different tool holders and adapter to evaluate performance of different geometries, but I'm finding the tool calibration part to be a bit time consuming.

So I'm wondering if it's possible to to calibrate a tool on the iiwa using hand guiding, ie, pull the robot to the calibration point instead of using the HMI.
    as far as i can tell it's not possible by default, so it'll probably be something like:
    handguiding->save 4 position-> external calculation of XYZABC -> input XYZABC into workbench

if anyone have any thoughts on this, please feel free to share your thoughts.

Thanks.

• Are you talking about TCP calibration?

You can definitely design and implement your own calibration application with hand-guide but that will certainly take some time and expertise.

Try to be efficient picking the 4 different poses you need for the tcp calibration method.

My approach is to place the TCP above the calibration target/point and apply a 10-20 degrees rotation about one axis, save the frame, come back to the previous position, and now apply a rotation on a different axis, save frame, and so on.

This should shortened the time it takes to get four different frames that are different enough for the calibration software to work.

Advertising from our partners