DX200 Andon Lighting

• I am trying to install an andon light on our DX200's, the problem is finding an output that only is active when the robot is moving, this way we can also capture movement time. The output on the CN308 board #B8 (Running) stays on even when the robot isn't in motion because we use a jog program between main programs. I attempted to create a new rung in the ladder but I always seem to get an error about multiple outputs although it's not duplicated anywhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• About the running program: you can use a flag signal and do some AND logic with the run sig. This means also that in the job you have to turn on this signal when you call "your jog program with the main programs".

About the duplicated program: amybe your signal belongs to a GROUP
    ex.

GROUP #10170
    GOUT #30730
    means that all the signal between 10170 and 10177 are output to 30730 TO 30737. So they are busy. If you try to use,for example, 10173 you will get an error coz it's in the range.

Edited once, last by Motouser ().

• Can you elaborate on the flag signal with the AND logic a little more?

• Imagine that you have the out signal 10040 usable, in the job you have to turn it on with a DOUT ON when you need it to say "Robot in not REALLY running" and a DOUT OFF for reverse situation.

Then in the ladder you will have:
    STR #30010 ;running
    AND #10040; flag "pseudo running"
    OUT #xxxxx

But I don't know your code and your application (maybe you don't need the running signal because the "pseudo" do it, or maybe it's better for you to have it connected with an AND).

• Try SOUT#(345) address 50440 this is Control Group 1 Run. This would need to be mapped in the ladder program to an address on a network or to a hard wired output address.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

Advertising from our partners