Restart controller from Teach Pendant

• Hi,

Robot : CR7 (collaborative)
    Control: 30iB Mate

I'd like to be able to restart the controller from the TP using FNCT button, however in this particular controller (30iB Mate) or setup I don't see the option.

The only option related under the FNCT menu I see is 8.START MODE where I can select what happens on the next boot.

I'm guessing this needs to be enabled on my system.
    How do I this?

Thanks,
    Tom

• This feature isn’t available on any of the Mate controllers by default. It’s a bit frustrating. I too am interested to know if there’s a system variable to enable this or at least a reason why it’s not available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Here's a response from FANUC:

"It is not possible to restart the controller from the teach pendant with the Mate controller. There should be a set of contacts on the estop board for external on/off for remote access."

Tom

• Attached is a Command file. You can find instructions on how to use these in the sticky thread at the top of this forum. It has one line which SHOULD cycle power, and this can be run from the teach pendant. I have tested it on R-30iB, but not on a Mate controller. I am curious if it will work. If it does, you could host the file on a Memory Card inside the controller and execute it when needed.

• Thanks Robo_Eng,

FANUC sent me another message:

"I just checked in the manual and unfortunately the Mate controller does not have the External off contacts."

So, for now we can try Robo_Eng solution.

Thanks,
    Tom

• Please let me know the results, we have 4 mate controllers in our plant, but they have a vision system on them that no one internally is comfortable with, so we try not to touch or experiment on them for any reason beyond emergency. I would love to know if this is a viable work around.

• Please let me know the results, we have 4 mate controllers in our plant, but they have a vision system on them that no one internally is comfortable with, so we try not to touch or experiment on them for any reason beyond emergency. I would love to know if this is a viable work around.

Robots are Fanuc. What the worse that can happen? :fish:

• Yeah I've done the RE POWER command on a mate controller before in a .cm file. It doesn't work because of the above comments. No problem on a non-mate.

The Mate controllers do not have the hardware to self cycle the power. Until another version comes out, you will still need to manually power cycle them.

I've looked into this quite extensively, I have two cells with thirty-two LR-mates and two cells with seventeen LR-Mates, it would save me a ton of time when I do updates on them. From my experience, there is no (Fanuc internal) work around.

-Phil

Advertising from our partners