Circular movement without a pause

• Hello,
    I want to use iron brush to smoothen the edge of rings. Classically I used

Code
    for nCounter=1 to nTen
             CIRC point3,point2 C_DIS C_DIS 
             CIRC point1,point4 C_DIS C_DIS
          endfor

This has a pause after each movement in the loop so it create uneven pattern/trace on the ring. I want the robot to execute a smooth movement.

I have tried with SCIRC spline movement but robot slightly move about 1.5mm out of the path and thereby create another pattern on the ring. Is there a way to eliminate the uneven movement?

Thanks

KRC4 and KSS 8.3.2

Edited once, last by davidina ().

• Hi davidina,

unfortunately not much valuable info in your post:

General: load data set correctly? Absolute accuracy robot? Robot type?

Old Motion: any messages why the robot stops? Approximation radii?

New motion: taught or calculated positions? Where on the path these out of the path patterns appear and in what direction (perpendicular to the circ, in blending, elasticity due to reversing axes, ...)

Have you tried using circ angle instead of approximation?

Fubini

Edited once, last by Fubini ().

• Thank you guys. Load data is correctly set. $ADVANCE is left as default. The robot is KR 180 R2500 extra (with KRC4 and KSS 8.3.2) and not Absolute accuracy robot. There is no message concerning the movement. The positions are calculated but the calculated positions are already assigned in the arrays before the subprogram containing the circular motions is called. At up to 50% speed in Auto Mode the movement is smooth, but it changes as the speed increases.

I already tried to use CONTINUE before the next loop and it did not help.
    When I get to the cell today I will try to trace with $PRO_IP if it helps

Using the Spline is like more Centrifugal force is applied to robot perpendicular to the path of inertia before returning to the circular path (around 1.5 - 2mm deviation).

@Funibi can you please explain what you meant by circ angle instead of approximation?

• How close are your points together? If it is working with slow speeds then your approximation is working but if your points are to close together or your value for C_dis is to big you can get problems. Try again with less points or a smaller C_Dis value. Also using C_VEL can also give some improvement.

Every problem has a solution, that isn't the problem. The problem is the solution.

Advertising from our partners