Teach point in defined BASE

• Hi All,
    I have KRC4 Compact controller with KRL ver. 8.3.4
    I am familiar with a couple other brands but not Kuka.

I have defined Tool1 and 2 BASEs with 3point method. I checked the BASEs by jogging and comparing actual positions in World and Base.
    What I need to do is teach points in one of the Base coordinates I defined.
    In a program, I create a PTP instruction and Touch-UP the point. However, the Tool/Base indicator switches from T1/B1 to T1/B0 and my point is saved in the World coordinate system (I think). The resulting PTP instruction reads:

PTP P2 Vel=100% PDAT3 Tool[1] Base[0]

What am I doing wrong? I would like to save the point with Base[1] as the reference.

Thanks for your help

• that is an inline form motion and contains info on both TOOL and BASE
    when you teach point on inline form, robot will always use that tool and base.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• "robot will always use that tool and base."

Do you mean Tool and Base shown in the Tool/Base indicator at top of pendant? Ie: T1/B1 in my case?

• that is current tool and base
    if you wish to jog robot, you can change tool and base.
    when you run program or teach points, tool and base from current motion instruction will overwrite current tool and base with values used in particular motion instruction(s) as they are processed.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners