Pulsecoder conveyor defect?

• I have a fanuc M-430iA with a Fanuc R-30iA controller.
    While setting up a new line for visual tracking I was testing the pulse coder that is attached to the conveyor:

I think this is an incremental encoder, but I'm not sure.

So these are my settings:

Now my thought was that when I press Encoder Enable and move the conveyor, the Current Count should change.
    But that's not the case, it stays 0.
    Does that mean that the pulse coder is broken?

• Have you already tried all the other "Encoder Types" just to make sure that's not where the problem is?

Yes, I've tried Them all (with cold starts) but it remains zero.

Edited once, last by Nation ().

• Remove the encoder from the conveyor and turn the shaft by hand in both directions to see if the value changes.

I doubt that it would change anything because the Shaft is rotating, but I Will give it a try

• Yes, I've tried Them all (with cold starts) but it remains zero.

EDIT: one 'absolute' changes from like 7427631 to 7427632 to 7427630 etc. but it does the same thing when it's disconnected and is not affected by any rotation

• I've edited your posts so they are not nested quotes within quotes with responses in order in increase readability.

Is your FSSB interconnect cable from the line tracking card to the CPU missing? I had that happen once, and it produced similar symptoms.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• I've edited your posts so they are not nested quotes within quotes with responses in order in increase readability.

Is your FSSB interconnect cable from the line tracking card to the CPU missing? I had that happen once, and it produced similar symptoms.

My bad for the quotes, but that might actually be the case.
    This is how it looks right now (The pulse coder is connected to the JF21 port):

Is it correct that the cable that is now in the left cabinet (C0P10B) should go to the C0P10A of the line tracking cabinet?
    And that the short cable that is now going nowhere should go from the C0P10A of the left cabinet to the C0P10B of the line tracking cabinet?
    It would be great if this is the problem, thanks!

• Yep you are correct. The six axis amp gets placed into the line tracking card, and the jumper goes from the card to where the amp used to be.

Here is what the manual says about it:
    Fiber Optic FSSB Connector
    When a line tracking interface board. A2OB-8101-0421 (Wide mini slot) is used The original fiberoptic FSSB cable connector that connects to the COP10A connector of the main CPU board should be moved to COP10A of the line tracking interface board. The additional fiber optic FSSB cable should connect COP10A of the main CPU board to COP10B of the line tracking interface board.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• Yep you are correct. The six axis amp gets placed into the line tracking card, and the jumper goes from the card to where the amp used to be.

Here is what the manual says about it:
    Fiber Optic FSSB Connector
    When a line tracking interface board. A2OB-8101-0421 (Wide mini slot) is used The original fiberoptic FSSB cable connector that connects to the COP10A connector of the main CPU board should be moved to COP10A of the line tracking interface board. The additional fiber optic FSSB cable should connect COP10A of the main CPU board to COP10B of the line tracking interface board.

Thanks for the help man, that was the problem!

Advertising from our partners