Fanuc RJ3ib FTP Setup Help

• Hello,

I'm trying to set up an FTP connection to a RJ3iB controller, but I have not been able to figure out the correct settings to get it to work. I just want to transfer files to the controller using FileZilla.

Is there anyone who has gone through this process and could share what settings I need to define on the controller and PC to get this to work? Would really appreciate any help!

Under SETUP Host Comm > TCP/IP I have the following settings:

Robot name: ROBOT
    Robot IP addr.: 192.168.0.1
    Router IP addr.:
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Board address: 00:E0:E4:00:6F:0D

Host Name (LOCAL) Internet Address
    1 PC 192.168.0.2

Under SETUP Host Comm > FTP, I have:

USERNAME PASSWORD
    C1 PC ***********

Under Clients, I have:

Tag Protocol Remote State
    1 C1: FTP ROBOT [DEFINED]

And under Details of C1:

Comment:
    Protocol name: FTP
    Port name:
    Mode: **********

Current
    State: DEFINED
    Remote: ROBOT
    Path: robot/programs/

Startup
    State: START
    Remote: ROBOT
    Path: robot/programs/

Are these settings correct so far, and/or do I need to set up anything else on the controller?

Thanks so much!

• If you want to connect to the robot via Filezilla, you need to setup the server tags (S1, S2, etc), as the robot is acting as the ftp server. The client tags are for if you have a ftp server somewhere that you would like the robot to connect to.

Really you just need to make sure that the server tag for FTP is up and running. Some robot's I've seen it is disabled for whatever reason.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• If you want to connect to the robot via Filezilla, you need to setup the server tags (S1, S2, etc), as the robot is acting as the ftp server. The client tags are for if you have a ftp server somewhere that you would like the robot to connect to.

Really you just need to make sure that the server tag for FTP is up and running. Some robot's I've seen it is disabled for whatever reason.

Hello Nation,

Thanks for your suggestions
    I am using an an i30-rB Plus, and failing to connect to filezilla.
    Is there a software option needed?

also, I have not found where those Server Tags you refer to are? I suppose its on the robot but could not find anything
    I have gone through everything I managed to find on the internet for this issue and the server tags are my last thing to try before completely giving up!

• Server tags are under SETUP>HOST COMM>[SHOW] (F4)>SERVERS

You should see something like the following:

On the filezilla side, make sure you set your remote directory as \md:

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• Is there a possibility that FTP is a payed option? On this R-J3iB I can connect to the web server, but FTP connections are refused. Under Menu>Setup>Host Comm>Protocols, FTP is not an option. Under the server screen, S1 and S2 are not set up, and I can't seem to find directions on how to set them up.

• I'm catching snippets here and there (since FANUC won't sell me instructions!) that indicate I should be able to select DETAILS while setting up a server tag to change Protocol name to FTP, but when I press choice it says "The selected operation failed". It really looks like something is not enabled.

• Normally you will see FTP in the Protocols screen. So maybe you don't have support for it.

Its possible that it was a paid option for the R-J3iB. Or it could have been a free option that was not added. There are software options that you can add for free when you buy a robot.

If I create a R-J3iB in Roboguide, one of the robot software options is J716 FTP Interface.

All of the robots we bought recentlly had FTP but I don't think we had to add it as software option. So maybe it is standard now, but it was not on the older controllers.

Advertising from our partners