Offline Programming

• I did a quick search, and didn't find what I'm looking for. If it has been discussed, if you could point me in the right direction to the thread, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking for something that I'm told doesn't exist... A program for Offline Programming for an older Panasonic VR-005CII.

I put this here in the General Discussion section, because IF the program that I'm looking for exists, I would doubt it would be Panasonic specific, maybe I'm wrong?

Panasonic's programming software, DTPS III does not cover my robot, as its too old. It would have to be a couple of generations newer to be supported.

Octopuz software... I'm not sure if it really supports my machine, but even if it does, it is far too pricey for what I'm looking for at the moment.

I'm looking for Offline Programming and Simulation software, to program my robot... offline. I would like to be able to program the welds, and all moves to and from the welds, avoiding the fixture/clamps. It does NOT need to be perfect. Speaking to them about the DTPS software, although my robot is too old, they told me that with older robots, you will need to "fine tune" the points... And I'd be more than happy with that!

Future plans... Or hopes... Would be to get more robots that will work with Octopus or Panasonic DTPS. But I'd like to get a feel for it first without spending too much!

Is there a generic program that would/might cover my machine? Or am I just outta luck?

Thanks!

• You might be better off asking in the Panasonic forum.

RoboDK is the cheapest piece of sim software I know of that has any Panasonic support, although I've never used it, so I can't say if it would work for a Panasonic that old. But even RoboDK is expensive.

• Thanks! I will look into RoboDK!

If you think this is better asked in the Panasonic forum... Can someone move it there? Or should I just copy and paste the same thing there?

Thanks again!

Advertising from our partners