Kuka KMP 200 omniMove not moving

• Hi,

I'm having issues with a Kuka KMR omnimove with attached LBR iiw 14 R820 SC FLR. On initial start up its giving the error of:
    Safety Control
    Position Sensor not mastered (K2: A1,A2,A3,A4) - I believe these are the mecanum wheels
    Position Sensor not referenced (K1: A1,A2,A3,A4,A5,A6,A7) - I believe this is the arm
    Error reading offsets of mastering notches for position referencing(Kinematics K2)

I can connect the radio control unit and the KMR receives the input but still no movement. Moving the KMR with the pendent is possible but only for about 5cm before it cuts out.
    Ive tried to perform a brake test on the KMR only to be met with the following error:
    Generic device error
    Bus Interface error of Thin4MAdpter_KMP.BusIF
    Common Servo error (ID8, ID9)
    Error: Common Brake error( Servo, Servo)(ID8, ID9)

Its running Kuka sunrise.OS 1.14.1.15. The Hardware, firmware and embedded all have version errors 0x98110005. Its fresh out of the box. Hopefully this is all the info required.
    Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

• [size=1em]you are omitting a lot of details, read pinned topic READ FIRST.[/size]

[size=1em]I'm having issues with a Kuka KMR omnimove with attached LBR iiw 14 R820 SC FLR.[/size]

[size=1em]it cannot be both KMR and omnimove, it is either one or another (they are different products, different size, different architecture).[/size]

[size=1em]based on your description, this is probably KMR200 (iiwa mounted on KMP200)[/size]

[size=1em]K? indicates kinematic:[/size]
    [size=1em]K1 = first kinematic (LBR iiwa in this case)[/size]
    [size=1em]K2 = second kinematic (KMP in this case)[/size]

[size=1em]You can ignore messages "Position Sensor not mastered (K2: A1,A2,A3,A4)" and "Error reading offsets of mastering notches for position referencing(Kinematics K2)" because wheels don't get mastered.[/size]

[size=1em]But K1 does need to be mastered. Also factory defaults require K1 to be referenced on each power-up, so every time unit is booted, first you need to run program [/size]
    [size=1em]PositionAndGMSReferencing.java[/size]

[size=1em]this takes some time and when finished, K1 is in home position. in this case choosing home position as a final point is stupid because that prevents K2 from moving. in order for K2 to move, K1 must be in or close to DrivePos. my suggestion is to modify this so that final position is DrivePos.[/size]

[size=1em]I can connect the radio control unit and the KMR receives the input but still no movement.[/size]

[size=1em]connect how, receive input how, ... (operating mode, position of switch, is remote paired with KMP, ...)[/size]

[size=1em]Moving the KMR with the pendent is possible but only for about 5cm before it cuts out.[/size]

[size=1em]moving what part of KMR? K1 or K2? moving how? operating mode, position of switch, is remote paired with KMP, ...)[/size]

[size=1em]Ive tried to perform a brake test on the KMR...[/size]

[size=1em]details...?[/size]

[size=1em]what training did you have?[/size]

• Thanks for getting back to me,
    It is the KMR200.
    I can connect the optional radio control unit via the radio receiver on the back of the KMP, with the key switch in the Operation with radio control unit setting in AUT mode. I can then see the inputs changing with joystick input on the I/O screen on the smartPAD.

Its the KMP that moves about 5cm in T1 and jogging it through.

As for the brake testing, I go to break test the KMP and in KRF mode and hold down the enabling switch, click run and the KMP will give the errors mentioned.

I've tried the suggestion you made, and it can be jogged a little bit now before stopping. Its an improvement on before where it had to be restarted each time it was jogged.

I've had no proper training, I'm a new intern.

• [size=2]check manual. to use unit with wireless remote one must do quite few steps. your descriptions are still very basic and it is unclear which exact step is giving you hard time.[/size]

[size=2]i did not use this in a while so don't recall exact order but it is something like this:[/size]

[size=2]1. make sure no safety is violated (protective field, estop or KMR, estop on wireless remote), [/size]
    [size=2]2. no charger or brake release is connected (must have supplied jumper plug)[/size]
    [size=2]3. check light strip and smartPad for confirmation. safety LED on station screen should be yellow or green (but definitely not red)[/size]
    [size=2]4. use T1 mode to run referencing program and get LBT to DrivePos (or disable position check in safety configuration)[/size]
    [size=2]5. Jay is the yellow wireless remote. release Jay estop and set Jay Mode selector switch to position 1 (left)[/size]
    [size=2]6. press green power on button on Jay to power it up.[/size]
    [size=2]7. use smartPad to change mode to AUT[/size]
    [size=2]8. press Start key on KMP operating panel (button light changes from flashing to solid)[/size]
    [size=2]9. turn KMP key switch to use Jay[/size]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]10. check safety again (same as step 3), nothing on smartPad or KMP operating panel shall be red.[/size][/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]11. synchronize Jay with the KMP by bringing it close to IR receiver and holding green power for 2-3 seconds until you see channel selection[/size][/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]12. try to jog using one or both joysticks on Jay. if protective field is blocked, you can use muting button (on the left side of the Jay display) to override protective field. [/size][/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]note - joysticks are analog so move them only SLIGHTLY. the more you turn them, the faster will KMP try to move. The faster it tries to move, the more free space around it is needed or protective fields will be violated. rotations need extra space since corners of protective fields stick out.[/size][/font]

[size=2] [/size]

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• [size=2]sounds like incorrect flange was selected. but first, lets conclude previous topic:
    can you please share what exactly was preventing you from using Jay before.
    [/size]

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• The brake release was still connected to the device, I believe that's what caused the robot not to work. It never mentioned in the manuals that it couldn't be connected at the same time as the Jay remote.

Following that process you outlined solved the issue.

We have a problem now of trying to get the mapping working. I'm trying to connect to the WLAN but I cant find the password to connect to the KMP. I also tried an Ethernet connection with an IP address of 172.31.1.10 and 127.0.0.1 with no results either. Am I missing something here?

Advertising from our partners