R30iA SRVO-134 and 214 fault

• Good morning, I got the servo 13 fault (abnormally low DC voltage link) this morning. The robot was restarted and ran one cycle around the cell until it received the srvo 214 fault when picking a part off a conveyor. The fuse was replaced and the robot ran around one cycle around the cell to the same position and the fuse blew again in the exact same spot at the conveyor! I wanted to see if this issue repeated, so I replaced the fuse, and it jogged around the cell once, until it blew again at the exact same spots during the last two runs!

What is causing it to blow at the exact same spot every time and not others? It's not colliding with anything at all! I even decreased the speed from 4000 mm to 800 mm at that spot, but still the fuse blew! The manual only says to change the fuse, but surely there is something else going on? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

• The fuse exists to protect the more expensive electrical components in the case of a predictable failure. For the fuse to be blown in the same physical location multiple times implies an issue with the cables on or in the arm.

1. Is SRVO-134 re-occuring each time, or only SRVO-214?
    2. Is there a number in the bracket next to SRVO-214? What is the number?
    3. In your alarm log history, are there any other alarms that are occuring? Even variations with different bracketed numbers?

SRVO-134 references checking three phase input voltage, and SRVO-214 references the servo amp. It is possible that your Servo Amp is damaged in such a way that putting the robot in a specific position or trying to execute a specific motion is causing excessive current draw and blowing the fuse.

Do you have anyone on site with the tools and skill set to safely check your input three phase, to ensure the problem is internal to the robot?

Also, thoroughly inspect the cables along the outside of the robot for any damage or locations where it feels stretched too tight. A short inside of unbroken sheathing could also be a cause.

• Thanks for your healthy reply.

1) No, it ran few hours this morning, then SRVO-134 popped up. The reboot on the controller took care of this, but we did inspect 3-phase coming in, and had 470 V between each set of wires .

2) I only saw (R:1) next to it, so I do not understand what this means or how it helps in determining where the problem is? Does this stand for "Robot 1"? I only have this one robot in the cell.

3) There was a robot overtravel fault as well, but the robot was moving vertically upwards and downwards whenever the fuse blew, so we do not believe it is in overtravel.

"Also, thoroughly inspect the cables along the outside of the robot for any damage or locations where it feels stretched too tight. A short inside of unbroken sheathing could also be a cause."
    The above comment seems to be the issue. We found a badly damaged prox cable for the gripper open/close prox. Both were damaged, so we replaced both and it's running at the moment, we will keep an eye out and see what's up. Thanks again for your detailed explanation, hopefully your reply will help others down the road! I'll get back with you if an issue comes up again.

Advertising from our partners