KUKA Training Robot

• I have had a message alerting me that the batteries were running at 22V for a little while now. I recently pulled the batteries to get a quote on a replacement set.

Since then I have not been able to get the robot back. The attachments are the different screen shots I have taken in my attempt to get the robot back. It keeps telling me i need to debug the program and the program keeps crashing or freezing before it boots.

Please HELP ME!!!!!!

• Did you read the READ FIRST pinned topic? We need specifics, like the actual model of KRC, Arm, and KSS version. "KUKA Training robot" tells us nothing.

Also, which batteries did you remove? Did you power up the controller without batteries? When the new batteries were installed, did you run the controller long enough to fully charge them before powering down?

The errors you are having would not normally be associated with the batteries, unless something happened to damage the hard drive while the batteries were being swapped.

Do you have a hard drive image of the robot, or the original install media?

• KRC2sr - KR5 sixx is the model number on the controller or KRC2 sr. When I normally boot up it displays KRC Software V7.0.12.

I removed the batteries from inside the controller and powered up the controller without batteries and have not installed the new batteries yet. We are getting a quote for them so we can budget through the College.

We have had this robot for a few years and i believe the back ups are on our server.

Allison Bush<br />Mechatronics Instructor<br />Lawson State Community Collage

• if you are swapping batteries, it may be a good idea to check all of them. But, careful here - it is a good idea to always follow documentation and understand what can go wrong!

this is a KRC2-SR so besides pair of 12V SLA batteries, there is also coin cell battery on the motherboard, few Li-Ion batteries on the robot arm, and another Li-Ion in the controller PSU.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• we have replaced the arm batteries before with no problem. However we have never pulled the controller batteries for replacement before. At this time we are waiting on approval to buy the new batteries.

Since pulling the controller batteries nothing is working right. I have rebooted the robot about 20 times over a couple of days with no real results beyond frustration. It keeps popping up to debug?????

• Not yet, I wasn't sure if that would solve the Debug problem or not. I was about to try to do this but my college didn't think it would make a difference. I will try this afternoon and let you know.

• Do I need to reinstall the program? I think we have it here somewhere...

• did you try contacting KUKA? this hardware is a bit different then conventional KUKA systems and i have not seen it in a while. one can of course reload software but good idea is to always make proper backups (archive, hdd image).

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• It's not simply re-installing Windows -- you have to re-install Windows, and then KSS. And the hardware should be correct first.

Also, making a complete image backup of the entire hard drive is EXTREMELY ADVISED before doing anything else.

• Do i need to get the programming through Kuka? If so does anyone know how much it generally runs?

• You should have these files in a folder, the folder has the cd's with all the software installed on your machine, Touch sense, ArcTec, among others ...

If you do not have these files, please contact Kuka in your country.

• The KSS installer, and the installers for any Tech Packages the robot has installed, should be on the robot's D drive.

The Windows installer is a different story -- For KRC2s, this was only ever on a bootable CD-ROM.

Advertising from our partners