Connect issue KRTerm AS programing

• Fairly new Kawasaki user. Just back from Wixom Kawasaki Integrator class which covered some basics such as block programming and intro to editing AS from KRTerm. I am back at our shop and trying to repeat what I learned. I am online with the controller via Ethernet and am using KRTerm 1.2.8 The robot is a R20 on an E controller all brandnew.

I can do a save and make a backup so I know I am connected. I can do a type "hello" it prints out hello but that is all I can do from the command prompt

Any other operation fails with a P1062 Operation not permitted.

I tried to do an edit myprog to edit a routine

I tried aaa = 31 to create a variable

Any help with this would be appreciated

Thanks

• I sent in my backup to Kawasaki and they reviewed it and found out my controller has a safety function included usually used by large automotive customers. This disables the KRTerm for some reason, this can be turned off so from a connect KRTerm session enter the following

ZENATELNET ON press Enter

Viola the KRTerm is now working

Thanks Kawasaki it all good for now

• Dam......just beat me.

Yes, I was going to suggest the ZENATELNET switch.
    I have experienced this many times with American spec controllers (never seen this on European Controllers).
    - Is yours American Spec by any chance then?

• Dam......just beat me.

Yes, I was going to suggest the ZENATELNET switch.
    I have experienced this many times with American spec controllers (never seen this on European Controllers).
    - Is yours American Spec by any chance then?

Yes I have the American Spec and the controller was configured per a large automotive company order, we needed a robot quickly and they pulled this one for us off the stock on the floor. I think the standard Americna version does not require the ZENATELNET ON command.

Also this has to be entered after any reboot, The change can be made permanent but it will require a Kawasaki tech to make that change.

• I can't remember whether this is in the firmware or within file save data, as it may also set another switch, so that the setting is not retained on a power cycle.

Turn your controller on without it enabled and a take a full file save.
    Then enable it and take another full file save.
    - Use Winmerge or another text comparison app and see what differences there are.
    - If indeed another switch is also set, you should be able to mod the file save and load it back in to make it permanent.
    - Not 100% sure, but it would be worth looking at both sets of file save data to see.

Advertising from our partners